What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
CSV report suddenly showing fields in the wrong columnAsked by Alpine365 on November 04, 2015 at 04:43 AM
I have a report for a form that is suddenly showing some of the data in incorrect fields. There were no problems that I was aware of this until today.
This is a CSV report, and the data is in the wrong columns, whether I use the link to the report, or press CSV to download the report from the submissions page.
I have tried setting the report up again from scratch (same problem).
I have seen other issues for this on this on your forum, so have reset my browsers cache (made no difference)
Can anyone help?
The URL of form attached, the problem with the data on the form begins with the column marked "Nationality" in Col BZ on screenshot (all columns before this look OK). This col contains "None", and in fact is should be blank ("None" refers to the submission for "Special Dietary Requirements" in Col CF, 6 columns along). It looks like ALL columns from here are out by 6.
I have the same problem if I download as Excel file too
FYI not sure if this is relevant, but we have just start using an "https" URL for our form rather than http, this is the only obvious change we have made recently.
First of all, sorry for the inconvenience. I tried to export a submission report in CSV, Excel format and I replicated the same error. Although the data are correct on the "Submissions", values are placed wrongly in the reports.
Now, I raised this issue as a bug, so our developers are going to work on it. Currently, I can't give you a certain date; but this problem is important, therefore I assume that it will be fixed soon.
Thanks for your understanding.
The problem with misaligned data in exports such as Excel and CSV has just been fixed.
Thank you for your understanding
Sorry for the delay, but yes, looks like it is all sorted now, thanks!
On behalf of our developer Alp Deniz, you are kindly welcome. If anything happens similar in the future, please let us know.