- DPCREATEAsked on November 04, 2015 at 10:33 AM
Hi i wish to add a maximum size to the text area field to 50 words, please can you confirm how best i achieve this as it's a little confusing in the properties where it should be set?
Is it max length- if so how many characters should i enter here to be 50 words?
I have set the maximum entry to 50 words and the max length to 300 characters
Presumably the max entry limit (50) is just validation and the text area box characters is 300.
And the overall text box visual size is set by columns and rows?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 02:12 PM
Yes, it is possible to limit the characters/words the user can input. You need to set it up on each field.
For Text box:
1. Click the text box field and look/click for "Gear" icon
2. Click "Properties" and window will appear,
3. Look for "Max Size" and click edit and enter your preferred character limit.
4. Close Settings
For Text Area:
1. Click the Text Area field
2. Click "Properties"
3. On above menus, click "Entry Limit" and set your limit either Letters or Words
4. Click "OK" and your done.
If you have any further questions, let us know and we will be happy to help.