- KLTYAsked on November 04, 2015 at 03:30 PM
My form currently is integrated with Dropbox. Upon a form submission it is placed into Dropbox with a unique but very long identifying number. I would like to change how it is "titled" in DropBox as it is submitted.Page URL:
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 06:58 PM
You can use any field to customize the folders at Dropbox, please check this guide which talks about the Unique ID, but can be done with any other field.
- KLTYAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 03:45 PMSo, just to be clear, following those instructions will eliminate the submission forms have very long identifiers? Reference the picture below for an example:
Thanks for your help.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 05:13 PM
Your screenshot did not come through the post, is not the this form the one you are talking about?
I don't see long labels/identifiers on it, nor in the other forms in your account. So it should not be a problem, but if you have doubts or issues with this, let us know.
- KLTYAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 06:44 PMYeah, that's the form I am using.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 11:14 PM
The picture you tried to include in your previous reply didn't post properly. You can follow the instructions to post a screenshot on forum threads on this guide: How-to-include-screenshot-image-in-the-support-forum
Are you asking to change this (please see image below),
Unfortunately, we do not have a way to update/change the submission ID as a filename of the submission.
I will send this as a feature request to our developers so they may look into it and see if it's feasible. You will be notified on this thread for any updates if there's any.
- KLTYAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 11:45 PMYes!!! That's precisely what I'm trying to change. That's basically what my screenshot that didn't send included. It would be great to be able to have that identifier as a smaller, or even customizable, number tag or something.
Thank you for the feedback! I hope they're able to do it and soon!
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 06, 2015 at 01:51 AM
On behalf of my colleague, Mike, you are welcome. A feature request ticket regarding this has been raised to our development team. We will inform you on this thread any update on your request. If you have any other question or concern, please feel free to contact us again.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 09, 2015 at 05:48 AM
I'm the developer assigned to your enhancement request. I would like to know—how exactly would you like to name the submission pdf files?
- KLTYAnswered on November 09, 2015 at 08:45 AMHi there! Thanks for working on this.
Really anything shorter would be great. Weather it's just a smaller individual number that increases with each submission:
1, 2, 3, 4, etc...
Or to say CW Nomination 1, CW Nomination 2, etc...
Or even if it's able to follow the Unique ID inside the form, that would work. Anything smaller than 18 digits and easier to identify while scrolling through would be most helpful. Public viewers will be scrolling through the list of these submissions on Dropbox and I am just wanting to simplify their view as they scroll through, read and select a nomination of their choice.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on November 09, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Thank you for your response.
We will inform you as soon as possible when there is an update.
If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be happy to assist you.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 09, 2015 at 03:30 PM
We'll consider your request and will let you know if and when it becomes available.
In the meantime, though, I think configuring the integration to use a subfolder that takes the value of a field on your form would be a great workaround.
- KLTYAnswered on November 09, 2015 at 04:45 PMPerfect! I appreciate it!
I had tried the workaround you mentioned already but it made the process somewhat cumbersome. When you create a sub folder it the pits each submission in its own folder. We process up to 300 submissions per day once we near December so it would make the work load much heavier to accomplish what we need. It does help create an individual ID but the disadvantage heavily outweighs.
I do appreciate that suggestion though!
- MORWAAnswered on November 09, 2015 at 10:02 PM
I agree - putting each submission in its own folder is what's killing me. I would think that with a unique ID, there shouldn't be a reason to sub-folder each submission. (I am referring to how the Google integration is. It has a wonderful naming convention now (which I can make unique by how I create it), but when each entry is put into a subfolder of its own, there's a lot of filing moving in order to use the returned forms.
- CharlieAnswered on November 10, 2015 at 03:15 AM
The feature request I see in the ticket is the option to allow changing the file name of the PDF submission in the Dropbox integration. However, I believe each submission will still have it's own folder, so if you have 300 submissions there will be 300 submission folders.
Here's an example with using the Unique ID to count the submissions.
I believe the reason why they are in separate folders is that they have file uploads on them, to avoid confusion and overwriting file uploads with the same file names, they are separated by submission folders.
If you want to have an option to place PDF submissions in one folder and not separating them by submission folders, then you can open a separate thread for that concern, we can then try forwarding it to our developers as another feature request.
I hope that is alright. Thank you for your feedback on this.
- CharlieAnswered on November 10, 2015 at 03:18 AM
Thank you for sharing your insight on this. Please do feel free to open your own thread about your concern, that will help us to better assist you.