What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I auto-fill certain sections from one page to the same section on another page?Asked by nexusadmin on November 09, 2015 at 09:19 AM
Hello, I am trying to auto-fill a section from an already filled section. The section on the first page will be filled in, then I would like to auto-fill the same section on the following pages. I've tried following the instructions and looked at the forums but can't find anything that helps me with this specific question.Also, I would like to create a calculation for each page of the document. The calculation is for the same sections on each page but it doesn't seem to work.
I hope you can help. The URL is below.
In relation to your first question, you would need to create an Update/Calculate Fields Value condition for each entry to be copied. To give you a better idea of how it it works, I've cloned your form and created a few such conditions:
Here is the result. Since the entries in your form are to be copied to each page, you would need to create many more similar conditions. If you need further help with this, please inform us.
Your other question has been moved to another thread (http://www.jotform.com/answers/700858) where it will be addressed in due course.
Hi and thanks for getting back to me so quickly. What I'm trying isn't working. I want to input text into the first 'Band Comments' field and then that be automatically pasted to the rest of the 'Band Comments' fields on the other 9 pages. I can't seem to get it to work.
Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi again Tracie,
Here's how to do that:
1. With the exception of the first one, rename all of the Band Comments fields Band Comments 2, Band Comments 3 and so on respectively, all the way down to Band Comments 9. (This is just a temporary change to avoid confusion when creating the conditions)
2. Remove all of the Required field validation. (This is just to expedite testing upon completion of creating the conditions)
3. Go into the Conditions Wizard and click the New Condition button:
4. Click the Update/Calculate Field button:
5. Create the following condition:
(You would click the Add Field button and search for the first Band Comments field and click it to insert that field's "tag" into the work area. By default the button will be orange and have 0-9 after its text. Click that 0-9 so that it changes to a-z and the button becomes grey, as above.)
6. After that condition is saved it should look as follows:
7. At this point, since the other conditions to be created will be very similar to the foregoing, you could duplicate that condition seven (7) times by clicking the cog and then the Duplicate button, shown below:
8. Repeat the previous step seven (7) times and then go into each condition in turn and change the selection in the Output To Field drop down to Band Comments 3, Band Comments 4, Band Comments 5 and so on respectively, all the way down to Band Comments 9:
9. Save the form and test it at its URL to ensure that the Band Comments entry on the first page is being copied to all of the subsequent Band Comments fields. (At this point your form should function like this clone of it)
10. Once you're satisfied that all of the conditions are working, return to the form builder, remove all of the digits which were added to the Band Comments labels and reset all of the fields which were previously set to Required to that state
11. Save the form
If you need clarification on any of the above please inform us.