What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I let the user decide where the form should be sent?Asked by easternlift on November 10, 2015 at 09:31 AM
I am looking to have a drop down box with a list of names (account managers) the user (rep) will click a drop down showing a list of account managers. The rep then clicks the appropriate account manager and the form is sent to their email. Is this possible?
sent send the form email recipient condition after submission
Yes that is possible using conditional logic. If you would like to send specific notifications to specific email addresses based on a user input, then you can follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-send-to-a-specific-email-address-based-on-a-selection.
If the condition wizard is not the same with the guide I shared, it is possible that you have the new wizard for the conditions. Here's how to setup it up in that case:
1. First, create an email notification that will be sent to the managers in general.
2. Now to send that specific notification based on a user input, you can use the conditional logic. First, click the "Conditions" button
3. Choose "Send an email after submission"
4. Here you can set the rules and the action to when to send the notification. I have a drop down field called "Account Managers", example, if it is equal to "Manager 1" then send the notification titled "To: Manager" to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. You can create multiple notifications to be more specific.
I hope that helps.
Thank you very much Charlie!
This has helped out tremendously!
On behalf of my colleague, Charlie, you are most welcome. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime and we will be glad to help you. Thank you.