- RalphBeteshAsked on November 11, 2015 at 01:42 PM
Does Jotform have stop and resume functionality? If so, does a form filler need to create an account in order to resume?
- BenAnswered on November 11, 2015 at 02:56 PM
I presume that you do not mean if you can stop and resume the form as in make it not available for new submissions and then make it available once again, but that instead you are looking for a way for form fillers to come, fill out the form and then continue filling it out later on as well.
There are actually 2 ways to continue later - I recommend using only one of the two at a time.
1st: Auto-Fill feature
- A nice feature that allows your users to go away from the form and come back to it to continue filling it out. The only downsides to it is that it is not good for long forms (especially if set for low save intervals) and it is only possible to continue filling out the form over the same browser (on same device). The good thing however is that it will save the data of each field individually.
- A guide that shows how to enable this: How to Enable Auto Fill Feature
2nd: Email Sessions feature
- A nice feature to allow your users to come and fill out the long form and then allow them to come back at a later point to continue. It will keep the data on our servers so the form can be continued over any device and any browser and it is great for very long forms. The downside is that it requires you to have pages on your form and it can only save data per page, not per field as the above option. As mentioned, it is however great for long forms and it does not slow them down, while being available over any device.
- A guide that shows how to enable this on your form: How to Save Forms to Continue Later
Do let us know if you have any questions along the way and we would be happy to assist.