- grangeAsked on January 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I created a voting form last week. It has been live since last Wed. night. As of today, one of the contestants had 1,936 votes out of 2,740 total votes. It doesn't make sense that one of the contestants could be winning by THIS many votes. I have the 'strict check' option checked. Do you think there is a glitch in the voting? Or maybe someone is voting every minute? Doesn't seem likely...
- fxrAnswered on January 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Has 'Strict Check' always been enabled?
There is obviously someone hammering the vote from the one IP address.
You can filter out the duplicate votes (from the same IP address) by filtering them out on Excel.
- fxrAnswered on January 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM
You should probably add a captcha field as well to provide additional protection for any sort of form abuse.
- grangeAnswered on January 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I enabled strict check maybe a few hours after it went live. I re-embedded it into blogger once strict check was enabled.
How do I add a captcha field? Is that an option in the form?
- fxrAnswered on January 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Yes, just add the captcha field to your form.
Its on the Power Tools menu:
- grangeAnswered on January 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM
thanks...we'll see if this helps!