- AA_CAsked on November 12, 2015 at 09:32 AM
- BenAnswered on November 12, 2015 at 12:14 PM
I am not quite sure what you are looking to happen. I did check your form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/52934584917973 and I see that you have different fields shown based on the selecting (Individual or Family or Club).
In the same time, the Individual and Family have the same fields at the start, while the club has the slightly different ones.
Now are you looking for a way to have them fill out the name first, then select the option in the checkbox and even if it is going to switch them to new field to have that field filled out with the same value?
Or are you looking to achieve something else?
- AA_CAnswered on November 12, 2015 at 12:59 PM
- BenAnswered on November 12, 2015 at 02:08 PM
Thank you for the screenshot, I understand what you mean.
You would like to combine all 3 fields in the Sender name so that no matter which one is empty the correct one is sent.
There are 2 ways to do this.
1st - through the conditions
You can set 3 email notifications, one for each selection and then based on the conditions only send the one that has the correct setup (uses Sender Name that is shown under the option selected).
You can see more about this here: How to send to a specific email address based on a selection?
2nd - through a hack
We can capture all 3 fields in the form calculation and then set the form calculation to be used for the Sender Name.
What you can do is to:1. add Form Calculation to your form2. under Advanced options set that all fields are added as text by default3. and then add the name fields to it (all 3 fields), one after the other
Both of these will help you to achieve the same, but please do let us know which one you go with and if you have any questions or issues along the way and we would be happy to assist with the same.
- AA_CAnswered on November 12, 2015 at 04:21 PM
- AA_CAnswered on November 12, 2015 at 05:08 PM
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on November 12, 2015 at 08:25 PM
The Form Calculation widget is not considered as a Sender Name. However, we can work some thing out with what you have so far.
1) First of all, go to your Form Calculation widget wizard, and set the fields as Text value, and give a space between them:
2) Add a new Text Box field, and label it as you wish:
3) Create a condition to pass the value from the Form Calculation widget to this new field:
a) Click on Conditions:
b) Click on New Condition
c) Select the Update / Calculate Field option:
d) Create a condition like this to output the Form Calculation widget's value to the new field:
Now you can assign the new field as the Sender:
Here is my cloned version: https://form.jotform.com/53157478360965?
You may clone it if you want to: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Let us know if you need more help, we will be glad to assist you.
- AA_CAnswered on November 12, 2015 at 11:20 PM
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on November 13, 2015 at 04:24 AM
On behalf of my colleagues, you are kindly welcome. After getting the next submission, please let us know the results.
Have a nice day.
- AA_CAnswered on November 13, 2015 at 10:02 AM
- AA_CAnswered on November 25, 2015 at 10:15 AM
You should this method worked perfectly.
I now get all the names I need in the responder.
Thank you for a job well done.
- BenAnswered on November 25, 2015 at 12:25 PM
Great to hear that Robert :)
Do let us know if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to assist with them :)