- Mark0074uAsked on November 14, 2015 at 09:10 PM
When my customer (clicks submit) or checks out there is a pre populated 0 in the Quantity field. If they don't remove it, then it defaults to a Qty. of 1 in the 2checkout page which follows. How can I remove the zero so my customer can have a smooth checkout?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on November 15, 2015 at 10:22 AM
I've checked your form, unfortunately, there is no way to remove the 0 as default option, but when the quantity is 0 the user won't be redirected to 2Checkout, due to there is not any payment to do, I was only redirected to the 2Checkout page when fill the quantity with 1 or a greater quantity.
- Mark0074uAnswered on November 15, 2015 at 11:45 AMThe problem is that when the zero is not removed (021). The 2 checkout page
defaults to 1. The zero would be okay if it automatically was removed when
the person put their qty in. Is there any way to get that fixed in the
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 15, 2015 at 02:52 PM
I test submitted your jotform http://www.jotform.com/form/13261812884 and I left the Qty at default zero(0) only.
When I checked the submission data, there is no Qty and Amount to process on the checkout page because it was zero(0) only.
Are you saying that when you submit your form, it still process payment transaction with payments equal to 1 Qty even though there was only zero(0) Qty during submission?
Can you please check and try submitting your form while leaving only the Qty value at zero(0). There should be no payment transaction since it was only zero(0).
Unfortunately, there is no option to leave the Custom Qty empty or blank only. It requires default numeric value i.e. zero(0)
We will wait for your update on this.
- Mark0074uAnswered on November 15, 2015 at 03:46 PMNo, the problem is that if the customer doesn't backspace or clear the
zero, the next screen (2co) sees 025 as .025 and then defaults to 1. Try
just entering 25 in that box and checkout. When you enter 25 the zero stays
there instead of being in grey and disappearing.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 15, 2015 at 05:19 PM
Thank you for the explanation. I was able to understand and see the problem now when I test again the form http://www.jotform.com/form/13261812884
Currently, this is how the custom Qty field behave. The end-user will have to manually clear/remove the default zero(0) value before typing in the qty value.
I will submit a request ticket to our higher team support to improve the custom Quantity field validations.
We will notify you using this thread as soon as there is news/update on the status of the request.
- Mark0074uAnswered on November 15, 2015 at 05:46 PMOkay, Thank you Jonathan. I appreciate your help and hopefully they will be
able to fix that because I'm sure others have the same problem.