- alltronicsbeveiligingAsked on November 17, 2015 at 04:30 AM
Since yesterday one of my forms https://form.jotform.com/53052052173949 is not working.
When i open it in preview mode or in a new tab, it freezes after loading. I cant fill out the fields properly and navigate true the form.
All my other forms seem to be working fine, what could be the problem?
I have cleared the jotform cache and my brower history/cache. IE and chrome giving the same problem.Page URL:
- BenAnswered on November 17, 2015 at 11:35 AM
I took a look at your form and I see quite a lot of calculations, far more conditions and over 400 fields.
Please do note that while there are no limits on how many fields you can add to your form, there is a practical limit when your browser will just not have enough of resources to be able to run it properly.
On such very long forms, I would suggest the following:
1. Turn off Auto-Fill feature: How to Enable Auto Fill Feature
2. Reduce the number of fields if at all possible
3. change the number of conditions that you are utilizing. A great way to do this if you are hiding and showing a lot of fields at once is to utilize Form Collapse tool as described how here: Show or Hide multiple fields at once using form collapse tool
4. Avoid using many widgets (only on very long forms)
5. Consider splitting your long form into several smaller forms and redirect your users to the next step (form) as they go.
Hope this helps.
Please do let us know if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to assist.
- alltronicsbeveiligingAnswered on November 20, 2015 at 09:40 AM
I foudn the issue! The problem was in some conditions. They told some fields to change the opposite wich made the form not knowing what to do.
Turning off the auto-fill feuture made the form faster, Thanks for the tip!!
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on November 20, 2015 at 10:26 AM
We are very glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you.
You're right. The form alone is fine but the conditions bind to every fields would definitely take time. This is pretty normal for a browser to respond when there are few scripts to be executed per event.
In addition to that if you have conditions are opposite each other, it causes to work slowly or freezing up.
If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.