What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Unable to open uploaded files inside of email Notification, when uploaded files contain Cyrillic characters or spaces within file nameAsked by Check_in on November 21, 2015 at 02:45 PM
I have a problem with access to the file, which uploads along with the form and have some Cyrillic character or spaces in names.
Here is a link I got in UI and in notification e-mail to upoaded file with Russian character in name.
Right link to the file should be like this
Here it is english but with spaces.
Again, it also suppose to be % instead of underscore.
Here is normal one. Just for reference.
It is urgent issue, could you please check it ASAP.
I have checked our email log with your email address and I found your test submissions and I was able to replicate mentioned issue when I tried to open uploaded files that contain space character.
However I was able to open all of your uploaded fields on submission page when I logged in to your account. Inside of this guide you can find out how to view submissions on your account:
I will escalate this issue to our developers and we will inform you via this thread once this issue is resolved.
Thanks for reply.
It looks like some new code was implemented between 21:00 Nov 20 (when I recived last 'correct e-mail) and, and 9:00 Nov 21. (UTC) (the first with bug)
Before this date everything was fine.
It also wasn't work yesterday via submisson page or even if you upload results to excel or pdf.
But, now, it looks like your developers have already fix it.
Now it converts file names properly both in UI and in submission e-mails. (I've just check it once again). Probably they have already found this bug by themselves:)
Yes, I think an update is made after one of my colleagues reported this case to our backend team. I hope everything is good now to your end.