- berniejconnorsAsked on October 05, 2010 at 02:00 PM
I am collecting registration info for a conference with JotForm. A user emailed me to say they made an error in the info they submitted. Can I edit the info that was submitted?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 06, 2010 at 06:54 AM
Yes, you can edit an existing submission.
1. On My Forms page, select your form and click on "Submissions" button.
2. On Submissions page scroll to the bottom of the page and find this submission, and click on it.
3. Click on "Edit" button at the top of the page.
- celebratelifeAnswered on April 08, 2012 at 08:17 AM
How do you save your changes?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 08, 2012 at 08:54 AM
When you edit a submission data, it will provide you the same form that was used in the original submission. You can then edit the information in the form. After editing, for the changes to take effect you will have to 'submit' again the form. The edited/updated info will then be reflected on the submission report if you check back on it.
Hope this answers your inquiry. Thanks
- celebratelifeAnswered on April 08, 2012 at 09:32 AMNot a good system! The submission will then go to the one who submitted it
again makes us look like idiots
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 08, 2012 at 09:55 AM
I am sorry, I do not understand this part.
Can you please clarify how it will go back to the one who submitted it?
To my understanding you can edit a submission reports that are supposedly for the form you owned.
Which means the submissions -- i.e. Notifications will always go to you, the owner of the form. If it has an auto responder, then make sure to change the email address of the target auto reply when you edit the submission report form.
- celebratelifeAnswered on April 08, 2012 at 10:14 AMI understand that I can do that! Why not just create a save option. Having
to result the form is ridiculous. Better still why not allow the submission
grid to be edited!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 08, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I understand your point and I also agree to your suggestions. Let me forward your ideas to our development team. Perhaps they can include this among the priority lists of requested features.
I am sure you will be inform for any updates related to this.
Thank you for your clarifications and inputs.
- celebratelifeAnswered on April 08, 2012 at 12:41 PMThanks. If there can be a cancel edit button, there can be a save button
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 04:49 AM
"Not a good system! The submission will then go to the one who submitted it
again makes us look like idiots"
That's not true. The auto-responder emails (which are sent to teh submitter) are not sent when you edit a submission. Only notification emails (which are sent to you) are sent.
- RCPublicAffairsAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM
If I could jump in here with an additional question. Is there a way for people who submit the form to edit their data themselves? Lets say their email address changes. I know I can manually do it as the account holder, but if I could have submitters so it, that would be great. Thank you for your help.