- gemaiAsked on November 23, 2015 at 08:53 PM
I've created a very simple form: https://form.jotform.co/53267202854859
When I try to import data from a file using the Import App in Google Chrome, I always get the same error: "Fatal error: The File could not be uploaded. No Submissions created". What am I doing wrong?
I've tried with .xls, .xlsx and .csv files (screenshot attached).
- gemaiAnswered on November 23, 2015 at 09:14 PM
Also, when trying to import data into a more complex form (https://form.jotform.co/52987891921876), the order of the fields in the template seems to be completely different to the order of the fields in the form! I'm ok renaming my columns and putting together some of the fields (i.e. First Name and Last Name) but reordering the whole lot is quite annoying. Could it be fixed?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 24, 2015 at 12:56 AM
Please try excluding the date field and check if that helps. If not, please share us the file to be imported so we can test it to our end and let you know what's wrong. You can send the file to email@example.com.
- gemaiAnswered on November 24, 2015 at 08:12 PM
Just sent you an e-mail with the files.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 25, 2015 at 12:52 AM
I was able to see the error as well. There was a jquery error on the App.
The failed error causes the import process to fail.
I have submitted a bug ticket report to our higher team support to check on this.
We will let you know here once fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
- gemaiAnswered on November 29, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Any news from the higher team support?
As a workaround, I have copied the data in my Excel spreadsheet into the GoogleSheet integrated to my new form. Apparently, everything is ok BUT I have to big problems:
1. When I submit a new entry via the form, the internal unique identifier starts from 1 because it doesn't recognized the pasted rows as submissions
2. I have all sort of problems with date formats
We send the information recorded in the Google Sheets to Zoho Reporting. At the moment, the automatic process is failing because of the two previous problems.
What to do? I'm in a loop and I don't know what else to try :(
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 30, 2015 at 07:23 AM
There's no update yet, but this thread is already assigned to our developer. If there are updates, our developers should let you know here.
As for the unique Identifier, you can set the current index to any number.
Can you let us know what is the problem with the date format? You can change this manually in the spreadsheet. For example: