JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How do I change senders email address to their email address?Asked by Nomanini on November 24, 2015 at 10:29 AM
When I received form submissions on the same day, it Gmail automatically adds them to the same email thread because they are coming from the same address: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I change the 'from' address to be the clients name so each form submission is a new thread? I tried playing around with the email notification settings, but can't seem to fix this.
1. Edit your form on the Form builder
2. Click Email Alerts on the form builder and click the preferred notification you wish to edit
3. Once a modal window appears, click Reply-To and Recipient Settings button
4. On the upper left part, on the Reply-To Email field, select the email address field of your form.
5. Click the Finish button of the Email notification wizard and save your form
This way, while the sender of your email alerts may come from email@example.com, once you hit the reply button, it will then fill the email address from the reply-to field of your email alerts. Changing the "Sender Name" field in the same area will adjust the sender name.
If you have any further questions, let us know and we will be happy to help.
Thanks for your reply.
I have made those changes and will see if it helps.
First of all, on behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. After testing the changes, please let us know the results.