- MattAsked on November 24, 2015 at 01:32 PM
I would like to know if there is a way to (or if it could be implemented) filter form responses by sender email as a form of basic identification. For example, my email email@example.com is provided by google as part of a google apps deal for Ryerson university, and I might want to only allow, or filter by, jotform submissions from Ryerson accounts.
Even a basic detection of institution (ie @ryerson.ca) would be tremendously useful (even only for google-hosted emails). I would think that a simple requirement to "log in through google" such that the google account can be verified might be fairly easy to implement, a la https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/sign-in
That way, either the email/account could be collected to be filtered against later, or certain accounts could be outright denied access to the form.
Thanks very much,
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on November 24, 2015 at 03:35 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Actually there is not a feature to do that.However, you can do it with a condition, follow these steps to do id :
1. Add the email field to your form.
2. Add the condition and show the submit button if the email contains "@domain.com".
You can take a look to my sample form, you can clone it if you want :
Hope that helps.
Let us know if you need further assistance,we will be glad to help you.
- matthew.bradleyAnswered on November 25, 2015 at 09:46 AMThanks. I was actually able to expand upon this, using one of the widgets
that uses a verification code to verify an email, so that it contains the
domain AND is verified. (in case someone has a similar need in the future)
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on November 25, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Thank you for the information and of course it could be a simple way to do it as well,I'm gadl to know you could achieve what you want.
Let us know if you need more help, we will be glad to assist you.