- NNOSAsked on November 26, 2015 at 09:26 AM
Hi, what would be the best way to receive a list that is comma separated? I have a form set up for audition applicants for a theatre company, one of the questions is 'which parts do you want to audition for?' so the person puts a list of the parts they want in there. This form feeds into a master spreadsheet of information held elsewhere and to feed one into the other it would be really handy if that list came separated by commas. Short of asking the person to separate their answers by commas in the notes, is there any way better of receiving that list as CSVs?
Thanks in advance.
- CharlieAnswered on November 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Not quite sure if I understand your concern correctly.
If you would like to automatically add commas on the text input, unfortunately, we do not have a feature like that unless you used a custom script that should add it, however, even that one is a bit tricky.
Here are the possible workarounds that I can think of:
1. If you need them to list the parts in a text area, the only is to instruct users to separate each one either by a new line or by a comma.
2. You can also ask multiple entries from your users using our widgets. You can learn more about them here: http://widgets.jotform.com/category/multiple_entries
Example of these are the following:
Configurable list widget - allows you to ask multiple entries using multiple types of input field.
Dynamic Dropdown widget - it allows you to have multiple drop down options AND you can set what character to use to separate them, like a comma.
I hope that helps.
- NNOSAnswered on November 27, 2015 at 09:01 AM
Hi, thanks for such a quick response! Yes, you did understand me correctly and thanks for the work arounds, the easiest is obviously to ask people to separate with commas so we might try that first and see if people pay attention to it! Failing that i'll have a look at number 2 options and see how they work. Thanks again for your help!
- CharlieAnswered on November 27, 2015 at 10:22 AM
You are most welcome, I'm glad it helped :)
Should you need any assistance again, please do not hesitate to visit us here in the forum.