- autobackupAsked on November 28, 2015 at 06:31 AM
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on November 28, 2015 at 10:34 AM
You can set a date when will the form be disabled. Please follow the steps below:
1. Click the "Preferences" button in the toolbar.
2. Go to the "Form Limits" tab.
3. Set a date in the "Expiration Date" option.
4. Click the "Close Settings" button when you're done.
Let us know if you need any help. Thank you.
- PaulAnswered on November 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM
I know how to set this up - but what is confusing me is what time zone should I reference my entry to so that the form closes at the correct local time in Cyprus.
I usually set it referenced to the time difference to EST - but last time it didn't close at the expected time but actually closed at the entered specified time (i.e. actually at my local time - which baffled me!) which closed the form 7 hours early!
Is the reference now the time in MY computer or is it still referenced to a US time zone (EST?) so that I have to apply the GMT offset to close the form at the correct local time here in Cyprus?
I use the forms in Cyprus which is GMT +2 - by my calculation EST is 7 hours behind Cyprus local time so to close the form at 18:00 I actually set it to close at 11:00 (i.e. EST) but last time the form simply closed at 11:00 local Cyprus time!
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on November 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM
The timezone will be based on the timezone you chose in the Account settings.
You can probably run a test, let us know if there's still an issue so we can further investigate. Thank you.
- paulAnswered on November 28, 2015 at 12:53 PM
In that case you need to update the 'how to' at this link http://www.jotform.com/help/137-How-to-Limit-Submissions-in-a-Form as it clearly states that the form closure time is based on EST (or a time offset if applicable).
This JotForm User Manual entry is what has been seriously confusing me as my forms were closing correctly when I used EST original (applying an offset) then suddenly (overnight?) my forms started closing at my local time zone.
I think that you need to promulgate this information more clearly and update your 'how to' information!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 28, 2015 at 02:30 PM
Our apologies for the confusion. I think what the guide says is correct, but our developer is currently checking this feature and if there are updates to it with regards to the timezone settings, I will let you know.