- dsiposAsked on November 30, 2015 at 02:01 PM
When people try to RSVP, it takes them to the Jotform homepage where they are asked to create an account instead of directly to the RSVP page. The link I have is:https://form.jotform.com/53264976220962Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 30, 2015 at 03:21 PM
I test submitted your jotform http://www.jotformpro.com/form/53264976220962 and I was able to see the issue as well.
The Thank You submision page is not being shown correctly.
Can you please try first removing the Captcha field on the form and let us test submission again.
If its working correctly, the default Thank You page should be shown.
Let us know if issue persist.
- dsiposAnswered on November 30, 2015 at 05:45 PMCan you please advise?
- dsiposAnswered on November 30, 2015 at 06:46 PM
I tried to RSVP and it went through; however, I didn't see the Thank you page; it shows a blank page. Also, do you know why when I click the RSVP link, I see Madeline Stuart event at the top of the tool bar?
Thanks for your help,
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 01, 2015 at 01:58 AM
This problem was caused by a recent update on the thank you page but it should be fixed by now. Would you mind checking it again this time?
Thanks and apologies for the inconveniences caused.
- dsiposAnswered on December 01, 2015 at 04:45 PMThanks, it worked. My only other question is do you know why the name of an
older event appears on the tab (please see screen shot)? I usually copy an
already existing form when creating a new one.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 01, 2015 at 11:24 PM
Your screenshot did not come through, please refer to this guide in order to know how to post a picture in a forum post:
You must come back to this thread itself in order to make it to work.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on December 03, 2015 at 06:30 PM
Your new question will be addressed here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/717524