- sl2015Asked on November 30, 2015 at 02:56 PM
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 30, 2015 at 04:05 PM
It seems that your post came through without any information except for subject "Payment Setup". Do you mean to ask how to receive payments from your users using JotForm? If so, you may integrate one of our payment tools available with us.
Please refer to the following guide that can help you in setting up payment forms.
Hope this information helps!
- sl2015Answered on December 02, 2015 at 08:09 AM
Thank you for your reply. I am trying to set up payment where the product will be weighed then billed according to the weight.
- CharlieAnswered on December 02, 2015 at 10:03 AM
There's two ways on how you can do this.
Method 1: If what you are referring is additional fees or shipping cost based on the weight of the product item, then you can follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/304-How-to-add-shipping-cost-to-Payment-Forms
Method 2: If what you are looking for is to let your users to calculate the price or total value based on the user input (like weight or other fields), then you can do the following:
1. Here, you can use check boxes, drop down fields and radio buttons as the option. You can then assign calculation values on them that can be fetched later on. Here's a guide on how to assign calculation values: http://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
Other input fields like text boxes can also fetch number values for calculation, conditional logic also allows this. To learn more about conditions, feel free to visit this link: http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
2. Here we will use the Form Calculation widget to get the value of product 1. To learn more about on how to perform a calculation, please do check this link: http://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form
You can click the "Add Field" button to fetch the values from input fields.
3. We now want to pass the calculated value on your payment integration, that is possible by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
You can check how the changes works in this sample form that I have: https://form.jotform.com/53354018060951?.
I hope that helps.
- sl2015Answered on December 02, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Thank you for the reply. This is a pick up and delivery service. We pick up the product, weigh it in store then bill according to the weight. I have a payment system in place but I am trying to configure it where payment information is entered and I bill after we pick the product, weigh it and bill the customer upon delivery.
- CharlieAnswered on December 02, 2015 at 01:24 PM
Not quite sure how it works. But based from your statement, it seems you would like to ask billing information from the user and charge them after you pickup the item.
Currently, the only way to setup an order form from us and charge the user is using the integrations under the "Payment Tools". You can check the payment integrations here: http://www.jotform.com/help/323-Mastering-Payment-Form-Integrations-with-JotForm.
If you do not want to charge your customer immediately, then you can enable "Authorization Only" in your payment wizard, that will allow you to accept payments or decline it after you verify the orders: http://www.jotform.com/help/292-How-to-Enable-Payment-Authorization