JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Remote Form ImplementationAsked by fhartman on November 30, 2015 at 06:35 PM
We are thinking to use JotForm to implement a form and then integrate the newly created form into an already built web application we have developed. Can you confirm if the following is possible?
1) Ability to link to a form with a unique id that uniquely identifies the user filling out the form. The unique id should be saved as part of the form submission.
2) The ability to some how link back to the same form with the same unique id and the user can modify their previous submission.
3) The ability to use an API to pull a list of recently submitted forms.
4) From the recently submitted forms listed, the ability to use an API to pull the form data for an individual form submission, including the unique id that was originally passed in.
Is the url to go back and edit a previously submitted form reasonably secure that someone else can not derive the link to the form and view someone else's form submission.
1. You can add a Unique ID widget in your form that will generate a unique id for your form submission. You can check this article for more information: Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions.
2. You can let your user edit/update the submission the made in your form by providing them the edit link of the submission. You can check this article for more information: How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date.
3 and 4. JotForm has an API that makes it possible to connect to your form data without using the JotForm web site. You can check this article for more information: JotForm API.
5. The edit submission link is formatted like this
If the user knows the submisison ID for other submission in your form, the user can view/update the submission.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.