- junechangAsked on December 01, 2015 at 02:07 AM
I looked at previous threads on related topics but can't find any answer to my question.
What I need is:
1. Applicant fills out the forms
2. Filled-form routed to Approver for approval: I already know that routing can be set up with email notifications, and that the approval can be set up using radio buttons.
However what I'm still missing is:
A) how to make approval a required field - if the approval YES/NO button is set up as required, the applicant won't be able to submit at all;
B) how to prevent approver from editing content filled by applicant?
Can someone please help? Thanks!Page URL:
- SammyAnswered on December 01, 2015 at 05:52 AM
Is the approval field set by the user or the person approving the submissions?
Here is how you can set up the form if the approval is set up by the user.
1. After filling in all information, have the user set this option as a last one before submitting the data.
2. Have a text field where the approver enters a code so that the approval comments input will be only visible for them, use the show/hide conditions to check if the value entered matches a predefined code.
2. If the submissions requires approval is Yes use conditions to change the attributes of the filled in fields to be disabled so that the data cannot be modified.
Apply the above conditions for each subsequent field filled in by the user.
next change the condition of the approver comments field to be required.
Pleas let us know if you need further guidance.
Here is a link to the demo form that you can clone to your account and reverse engineer for your needs