- stretchandstapleAsked on December 02, 2015 at 06:12 PM
I have users uploading both portrait and landscape photos and I need to be able to allow them to crop them to 3:2 as well as 2:3. This could be achieved by allowing the crop box to rotate 90 degrees.
I would also like to have the ability to set specific aspect ratios in addition to the ones that are available.
Can these two things be implemented?
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 02, 2015 at 06:29 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 02, 2015 at 09:30 PM
Currently, it is not yet possible to do this while using only the Form Builder + Filepicker.io
I have submitted a feature request ticket for this suggestion.
We will let you know here for any news/updates on the status.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 03, 2015 at 01:36 PM
If we could just get the rotate function as mentioned in the above link, that would help out tremendously.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 03, 2015 at 02:27 PM
The request is already assigned to our developer. If there are updates, you should know it through this thread.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 07, 2015 at 01:48 PM
Just want to check on the status. If you look at that link I referenced, there is only 1 line of code required to make this happen. It would only take a developer 5 minutes to implement the rotate function.
- victorAnswered on December 07, 2015 at 02:07 PM
I just verified the ticket. Due to the other priority tickets, this is still in queue.
They also need to verify that adding or modifying this line do not break any other part of Jotform.
As soon as we have any update, we will immediately inform you.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 07, 2015 at 02:24 PM
Okay, hopefully I hear from you sooner than later :)
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 05:17 PM
Just wanted to see how this is going, if you can do this then I can use this uploader in lieu of the broken image upload preview widget.
Can this ticket be escalated since I am using it in lieu of something that is broken?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 07:47 PM
This request feature ticket was already assigned to one of our developer.
Your latest message have reached our dev as well. They will provide response here for any news/updates on the status when they can.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 10, 2015 at 02:43 PM
Please escalate to a higher level of support. Need this now!
- victorAnswered on December 10, 2015 at 02:49 PM
As my colleague mentioned, this is already assigned to one of our developers. I will ask for an update.
As soon as we have any news, you will be immediately informed.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 10, 2015 at 03:07 PM
I am just getting tired of hearing that response every time I have an issue with jotform and then weeks go by, then months go by, then years go by and nothing ever happens. What is the point of this forum if you can't do anything that anyone asks. I have problems that I have been asking to get fixed on here longer than most people even work at jotform.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 10, 2015 at 03:07 PM
If you have responded to this thread lately, your latest message did not reach us.
Please retry responding using this link http://www.jotform.com/answers/716563
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 14, 2015 at 02:15 PM
- victorAnswered on December 14, 2015 at 03:36 PM
I am sorry to inform that we currently have no update on this feature. Since is this is a new feature request, there is no time table of when this will be added to Jotform. I have asked again for an update. As soon as we have any update we will let you know.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 14, 2015 at 04:57 PM
I understand it is a feature request, but it is so freaking simple. If you just has a developer spend 5 minutes on it, it could be implemented, and it would make my whole year. Again I only need this because you guys can't or either won't fix the image upload preview widget.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 14, 2015 at 07:19 PM
Our apologies but only our developers can do this for now and every request comes with a priority and I would honestly tell you that this is one of the requests that is on the bottom of their list. If only I know how to do this, I would surely do this for you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 14, 2015 at 07:27 PM
Well what in the f^^^ do I have to do to get it to the top of the list! Right now you have no option that meets my need since the preview upload widget is not working correctly either. Also must not be a priority.
Don't thank me for understanding, because frankly I don't understand how you don't have a single developer that can spare 5 minutes on something to alleviate the pains and thousands of dollars I am loosing because you can't fix the preview upload widget or make this widget more usable.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 14, 2015 at 08:39 PM
I'm sorry, but only our developers can decide about that. They should be looking to this and then let you know through this thread for updates.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 02:51 PM
Has a developer looked at this yet?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 03:26 PM
I'm honestly not sure, but I personally shared this thread to our Widget Manager. He's currently offline, but I asked him to give you an update regarding this request.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 02:11 PM
Response from widget manager?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 02:29 PM
Our Widget Manager (Titus) will provide response/updates on this thread once available. And you will be notified as well.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on December 23, 2015 at 06:31 PM
Just wanted to check and see if there is an update on this?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 23, 2015 at 06:41 PM
No updated response yet from our manager and developer assign. I will also do a follow up on your behalf.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 04, 2016 at 02:01 PM
Just curious if there is any news on this yet?
- victorAnswered on January 04, 2016 at 03:21 PM
I'm truly sorry, but correctly have no update from our development team. The ticket is currently open. I will ask again for an update and hope that they get back to us soon. Unfortunately, we can not give a date when this will be implemented.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 04, 2016 at 04:14 PM
That would be great, looking forward to an update.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 06:53 PM
What did they say when you asked for an update?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 10:51 PM
The dev will provide response here when they can. I am sorry, but as you can see they haven't yet.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 08, 2016 at 08:54 PM
okay guys, I know you are going to surprise me this weekend, lets get the rotate tool for the crop space done for filepicker.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 09, 2016 at 08:54 AM
Unfortunately, still no update from our developers. I will ask them now to see if there are updates and to let you know here.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 11, 2016 at 02:44 PM
What did they say?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 11, 2016 at 04:40 PM
We have not received any news related to the progress on this ticket, I will ask for updates and you should receive it soon.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 11, 2016 at 05:11 PM
Everyone keeps asking but I never hear anything from the developer. It is such an easy thing to do, we have spent exponentially more time discussing this than it would take to implement it.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 11, 2016 at 07:47 PM
Yes, we understand you, and I have already asked for updates in regards to this feature, we should receive news soon from our developers, and we will let you know here.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 04:37 PM
The original feature request was sent on December 2nd 2015, and now it is January 12th 2016, and from what I can tell a developer hasn't even so much as looked at this. These so called developers do in fact work for jotform correct? And I do in fact pay a monthly subscription which goes towards paying for those developers, so I don't think it is too much to ask by someone that is helping to pay there salary to take a look at this.
- victorAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 05:10 PM
We are truly sorry for not having any updates on this feature. The only thing I can tell you at the moment is that is has already been reviewed and accepted. Unfortunately, do to the workload of our team. It is in the thing to do list.
We cannot give much more information. Once our team has enough time to get to this feature, they will give us an update. Unfortunately, we can not give a time frame of when this will be.
Our support team has also been asking updates for this and other feature as you have. Unfortunately, we have not gotten many replies.
We can only ask for patience.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 01:10 PM
Can you ask for an update on this please.
- victorAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 02:02 PM
Unfortunately, we still have no update. The feature request still in the backlog. I will ask again, but honestly, I do not think I will get an answer. Like I mentioned before, our team has a big work load and are trying to do the best to resolve all the issues as fast as they can.
As soon as we have any update, our back end team will inform you through this thread.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 25, 2016 at 02:09 PM
Well I'm going to keep asking until they do respond. I can't believe that you can't get a response on such a simple little thing, your incompetence is mind blowing.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on January 25, 2016 at 05:20 PM
This is not a high priority ticket, if there are a high number of users asking for the same feature, then our developers might speed this up, otherwise there is no ETA for when this will be implemented. You can keep asking, but this will not speed this up. However, I have sent an email to the team in charge of the widgets to see what are the possibilities this can be prioritized, they are a very busy team and keep writing codes and urgent fixes everyday.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 25, 2016 at 05:41 PM
So basically if it is not high priority it will sit on the back burner forever, regardless of how simple it is.
Another tremendous disappointment from jotform, thanks for doing nothing.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 25, 2016 at 06:51 PM
Our apologies. But we'll make sure to let you know if there are updates on this request.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 01:54 AM
Sorry for the trouble this has caused for you. We have decided to get rid of this widget completely. We are not integrating with filepicker/filestack any more.
- stretchandstapleAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 02:28 PM
Wow that would be a real shame. This widget has become an integral part of my website. It works great, except for the fact that I can't let users rotate the crop box.
I will be forced to leave jotfrom after several years of support if this is indeed the case.
What is the reasoning behind this decision?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 03:45 PM
I will ask for the reason why the integration has been removed and we will let you know here.