JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Weird issues with ZapierAsked by yodasw16 on December 03, 2015 at 09:42 PM
I am having some strange issues with Zapier integration to Streak CRM. If I try to use a form that already has submissions, the fields don't show up properly. I get stuff like this, which aren't even close to resembling the fields in my form
When I create a new form, all of the fields show up in Zapier, but after I submit the form to test it, I get error emails saying required fields are missing. So I check Zapier and suddenly the list of correct fields that are available looks like the list in the picture above.
Any idea what might be wrong?
May I know which form are you trying to integrate to Streak CRM via Zapier so we can further investigate the issue? I checked your account but I was not able to see any form associated with your account yodasw16.
We will wait for your response.
This is the form that I would like to get working https://form.jotform.com/42052570084145. Any that I create do the same exact thing though.
Thanks for the information about that.
I started to set this up on my end to investigate the issue more but it seems that if I am not mistaken Streak is set to install and run inside of Gmail?
Is this https://www.streak.com/ the right Streak CRM you are attempting to use this with?
Please confirm and then we'll run a separate test to try to check this more appropriately to help you with getting this working.
Yes, that is correct. A little more information:
This is for a client that I inherited. It was originally set up to submit the form through Jotform and have Zapier send the data to Streak. This was done through a different Jotfrom account than the one I am using now. The forms were shared with me from the account "dvpvc". Several months ago the client decided to do a custom form solution with a vendor and has been using that until this month when they asked me to set it up the way it was before, but to add more fields to the form. I added the fields to the same form that was being used before, the same one I linked above. When I went in to Zapier after making the changes to the form to connect the new fields, I started seeing this problem.
I tried cloning the form and linking it to Zapier instead. This seemed to work until I submitted data to the form. The fields showed up and let me connect them in Zapier and then after the submission I get errors all over in Zapier saying the fields I have selected no longer exist and when I try to update them I get the same list of strange fields that I screenshoted above. The same thing happens if I create a brand new form.
I just figured out the problem. The original Jotform account that was used had shared the forms with my account. So when I was authenticating from Zapier, it was using my account, but it seems that it doesn't play nicely with connecting to shared forms. I got the original account and authenticated with it instead and everything works great.
Sorry for the noise and thanks for the help!
That is great to hear, thank you for updating us on the resolution. We are happy to hear that it is now resolved, and that the integration is working as intended.
If you need assistance with anything else, please do not hesitate to open a new support thread about it, and as always we will do our best to help. :)