- nae4haAsked on December 07, 2015 at 05:33 PM
So I am very unhappy that JotForm continues to make changes to their product and does not think of their users at times. A great point is with DropBox Integration. I posted the picture below to show what the options for setting up a DropBox Folder path was before. IT WAS GREAT! This is one of the biggest reasons we chose JotFrom over other companies. So what I am wondering is if there is a way to get my DropBox folders set up with the DropBox Root Folder name, then with Submission Folder Name, then WITH the Extended Folder name. This is really helpful when you are trying to breakout forms in an organized fashion based on what users select. I would like to have the Extended Folder name function reinstated as soon as possible please. Another thought to think about once you create a DropBox Integration under your new look, is there is no way to go back and make changes or updates to it like you could before with the screen below.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on December 07, 2015 at 08:06 PM
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. However, Extended Folder name was removed intentionally, at least base on this thread: New-Dropbox-Integration-Wizard-Extended-folder-name-option-in-new-wizard-is-not-anymore-available-to-use.
With the new integration, you can only edit existing integration with Dropbox by removing it first.
I will still try to forward your request to our developer to reinstate the Extended folder option for Dropbox integration. However, I'm sorry if I cannot give you any ETA to when this will be implemented again with the new integration interface.
- JotForm DeveloperdenizAnswered on December 14, 2015 at 09:54 AM
We are sorry for the inconvenience. Based on most JotForm users usage, we hide the extended folder option intentionally to provide a better look. The old extended folder logic only renames the Sub Folder like this: Dropbox Root/Sub Folder - Extended Folder.
In new version, you can select your Sub Folder and you can also type Extended Folder name with using '-' .
Also, Edit Integration option is added to new Dropbox Integration version.
Hope, this solves your problem.
Please let us know if you need any further help.
- aiaconnecticutAnswered on December 18, 2015 at 01:58 PM
Yes, please reinstate the extended folder name to DropBox integration! I also find it extremely useful in organizing form responses.
- victorAnswered on December 18, 2015 at 03:16 PM
Unfortunately, as my colleague indicate this fields was left off intentionally. Like Deniz indicated you can add an extended sub folder name manually:
Please let us know if this helps.
- aiaconnecticutAnswered on December 18, 2015 at 04:45 PMI am not looking for a single manually added fixed name extension to be applied to all form responses. The goal is to have the name extension come from a participant’s response to a particular question in the form to be added automatically to the file name along with the Unique ID. Is it really that difficult to add this capability back? Many others on the forum have expressed that they would welcome it back as well.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 18, 2015 at 06:05 PM
We apologize for the inconvenient.
As my colleagues said, the change was made based on the users usage, so the only way to use it, is adding it manually, there is no way to use the drop down like before.
Please, try doing it as my colleagues suggested, and if we receive more request about bring back the extended folder field, perhaps our developers will add it to the new integration wizard, but we can not ensure so.
- aiaconnecticutAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 11:05 AM
Any chance your developers have come to their senses and will be adding back the Extended Folder Name option to the DropBox integration? I would like to have two qualifiers added to the name, not just one. I am using the Unique ID but also want a selection from within the form added (thus the Extended Folder Name) that will further clarify the file name for organizational purposes. Without this additional piece of data in the file name, I will have to spend extra time opening files to find out the missing piece of information.
- JotForm DeveloperdenizAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 11:24 AM
Hi,We hid the extended folder option only.If you are looking for extended folder logic, you can use old extended folder logic with form elements by using element id.Here is an example:And your dropbox will be as the old extended folder logic:Hope this solves your problem.Please, let us know if you need further help.Thank you.
- aiaconnecticutAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 11:56 AM
This is just a workaround for the form element but it does nothing for allowing more than one option to file name extensions, as it was before. I view this as a downgrade in features, not enhancement.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 01:02 PM
If you follow the steps provided by our developer, then you will be able to add more than one field, you can only add one field by selecting it from the drop down, and then add other fields manually.
Please, try to do it and let us know if it works as you want.
- aiaconnecticutAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 02:45 PMSo sorry, but still not seeing how to add a second form element extension. Your example shows picking one extension from the DropBox integration dropdown, whether it is the Unique ID, as I have used, or a submission ID, but not both.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 04:23 PM
Yes following the steps provided above is possible to have both fields, the submission ID and the unique ID, I made a sample form and it works on my end.
First, get the ID of the field, and just copy the number after the "_":
Then paste it in the field where is the submission ID:
I will create a folder with the submission ID and the value of the unique ID.
- aiaconnecticutAnswered on February 02, 2016 at 09:45 AMI guess I am not being clear. I don’t want the file name to include the submission ID and the Unique ID. I want the file name to include the Unique ID and the selection made from a field from within the form as an extension to the file name: example, in form “AIA Connecticut 2016 Business Awards”, the Project Category field – 1-Fewer than 50 or 2-50 or More. I can select the Unique ID from the DropBox dropdown but can I also add the Project Category field selection as an extension to the file name?
- JotForm DeveloperdenizAnswered on February 02, 2016 at 11:11 AM
You can select Unique ID from dropdown, and you can enter question id of your Project Category field.
I've cloned your form and here is an example:
And it works like as old integrations Extended Folder Logic:
Hope this helps.
- aiaconnecticutAnswered on February 02, 2016 at 11:45 AMI edited the DropBox integration as you described (see screenshot), but in DropBox the file name is not doing what it should (see screenshot). Should I have removed the integration first?
New test submission is named “Unique ID 23” instead of BA2016-5- 1-Fewer…
- CharlieAnswered on February 02, 2016 at 01:55 PM
I see that you already have an opened thread about this in this link: http://www.jotform.com/answers/726094. I would strongly suggest to post your follow ups or concerns directly on your thread to avoid confusion and for us to better assist you. I am not quite sure if you and the original thread creator nae4ha are of the same person.
Also if you are replying to this thread using your email client/software and attaching images on the email, they won't go through our forum, you need to open directly the thread on a new browser or tab then use the image upload button in our reply textarea. However, please do this in your own thread link here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/726094
Thank you for your understanding.