- mlittaurAsked on December 08, 2015 at 07:27 AMHi,
Thank you. Nice widget. I need to add conditional logic within the widget is this possible? Basically the forms is as follows:
Choose bank (if other then show text field, if bank a show address a)
Account ownership (if corporate show name of company field)
Add another bank account? yes/no (yes gives another bank field, no prompts agree and submit)
How do I do that
FYI: I have posted another query on collecting sensitive bank info.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 07:42 AM
Unfortunately, you cannot use the widget in the conditional logic. There is no option in the condition to select the widget options. You will have to use our basic fields in order to do this.
For example: https://form.jotform.com/53412749459969
Here's our guide on how to show/hide a field in the form:
Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.
- mlittaurAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 08:45 AMright but how can I i then let the user create extra fields? Is there a smart way to create extra forms?
- mlittaurAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 09:45 AMOk so if the widget doesn’t allow conditional logic I can’t make a form a user can copy with conditional logic embedded. Can you help me think along a creative solution?
Can I use conditional logic or linking to another form to let the user add as many pages as they want? This would mean you fill in the Main form —> click add page/form—> new form opens with a page —> if you need more click again a new form is created —> if you click finish all forms are submitted under one client.
This is an example of what I want to achieve. If you select under account ownership ‘corporate’ you’ll see the conditional logic in action. I want to be able to add blocks like that.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 09:52 AM
The widget is ideal for adding dynamic fields, but since you cannot use it in the conditional logic. You will have to our basic fields. To add extra fields, you can duplicate the fields and then show them by group as explain from this guide:
I have updated my form, please check again. If you will allow users to add 5 banks, you will have to duplicate the section by 5.
Kindly check and let me know if this will work for you.