- rrupertAsked on December 08, 2015 at 03:22 PM
Form link : https://form.jotform.com/53258278714968
I have temporarily disabled it with a message.
I tried to restore it from a previous revision as it seemed like the notifier message has disappeared. The restored version is not right. The paypal field has disappeared and the notifier and confirmation emails have disappeared.
It looks like even the data fields for PayPal have disappeared with the submissions.
Please help ASAP.
- BenAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 05:06 PM
I will raise this to our developers to look into and see what might be causing this.
Can you please just let us know if this is correct:
1. after reverting the form to older version your email notifiers are gone
2. after reverting the form to older version your email autoresponder are gone
3. after reverting the form to older version your PayPal payment processing field is gone
- This has all happened after reverting to the older version where all of these were included?
The submissions should not be removed, but are likely just invisible, our team will however look into this for you to make sure that the form is reverted back to the right version and everything is correct.
- rrupertAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 05:13 PM
1) I tried to change the text on subject line of a notifier. It froze up. When I went back in the current version didn't have a notifier.
2) I tried to revert to a version where I knew everything should be okay (Nov. 30th and Dec. 2nd), but there were more new problems. PayPal field is gone and notifier and confirmation email are gone, as well.
3) the submissions are still there but the PayPal fields are gone.
4) I ran an existing report this morning and after the problem and the columns for PayPal are gone in the new report.
- BenAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 06:51 PM
Thank you for additional details.
Seems based on it that everything started with that email notification subject line, so this is good to point out (so I will add it in a note to our developers).
Usually when something happens to a field, its data is not removed, only hidden, so our developers should be able to have the same shown to you, but its best that they check it out.
I had already raised this to our developers and I will add this additional detail to them and as soon as there are any updates we will let you know about it through this thread.
- rrupertAnswered on December 08, 2015 at 09:37 PM
Is there an ETA on a fix for this? Even if I can get a restored version from between Nov. 30th and yesterday (Dec. 7th) that would help. If it is going to be more than a day or two I may need to recreate this form from scratch. This association really needs this form to be active for registering for an event in January.
- rrupertAnswered on December 09, 2015 at 11:49 AM
I need to have this registration form available so I tried cloning and starting again. All of the rules and conditions and calculations are gone, as well.
My customers are complaining.
I guess I have to start completely from scratch and hope it doesn't happen again. :-(
- BenAnswered on December 09, 2015 at 01:08 PM
I have tried cloning it as well, and can confirm the same, so the only option is to clone it so that you do not need to recreate the fields, so only conditions and emails (and anything else that might be missing) or to recreate it completely from scratch.
Now in regards to the ETA, unfortunately we can not give you any specifics. All that I can tell you is that I see one of our developers being assigned to this and that a bug is set as urgent, so he should be already looking into this.
As soon as we have any updates on this however, we will update you about it through this thread.
- rrupertAnswered on December 10, 2015 at 11:34 AM
I did recreate it from a similar form from a few months ago so that I had most of the fields I needed. There are more than 50 conditions and close to 20 calculations. It took me about 7 hours to build the new form, then test and publish it. Also, it will be quite inconvenient for our regsistrar. She is going to have to merge the data from the reports for two forms.
I still don't understand why the revisions of my form, which was working on Monday, couldn't be restored correctly.
- BenAnswered on December 10, 2015 at 11:53 AM
I do wish if I could tell you something more about this as well, unfortunately it should have worked properly, but our developer is looking into it.
My only suggestion would be to make a clone of the working form as a backup of sorts:
Which you can then place under some folder:
In regards to the submissions, she or you could download current or partial submissions as CSV and then import them to this new form using: Import Data app.
Or to use: Combine Submissions app instead so you do not need to re-import the data.
As mention before, we will update you here as soon as our developers have any updates, but if you have any questions or need any assistance do let us know.
- rrupertAnswered on December 10, 2015 at 01:12 PM
Thanks for the additional info, Ben!
I have made a copy of my working form. Good idea!
I will try one of the methods for combining the submissions. I didn't even know these apps existed. Thanks for pointing them out.
- rrupertAnswered on December 17, 2015 at 03:11 PM
I tried the apps for Combining Submissions and Importing Data. There is a limit of 60 fields on both of these apps. My form has close to 100 fields. They will not be useful unfortunately.
Corrupted form (80 submissions) : https://form.jotform.com/53258278714968
New form (currently at 27 submissions) : https://form.jotform.com/53425957926973
- BenAnswered on December 17, 2015 at 04:25 PM
I have moved your post to a new thread here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/728082 so that we can leave this as it is for our developer and help you with this on a new thread.
I will be following up on the new thread shortly.