- zappaaviariesAsked on December 11, 2015 at 06:58 AM
How do I use this for simple inventory tracking. I have an order form and it calculates the order total, but would like this...
I would like to have a beginning in stock number and as the products are ordered, have the available quantity reduced by that number.
How could I do that? Or can I do it even?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Perform Form Calculation Using a Widget
- CharlieAnswered on December 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM
This should be possible if you'll use any of the following widgets:
The number of items available will be limited depending on the total you have declared.
However, it will not be part of the payment integration but there's a workaround that you can use. Here's a simple test form: https://form.jotform.com/53443972956973?. Noticed that the available items setup on each product. Here's how I setup mine:
1. For the products with a number of limited quantity, I'll use the "Inventory" widget.
I will then add form calculation widgets to calculate the value of each product.
2. Here's how the form calculation widget are setup:
"Product 1 Value" is equal to = "Product 1" quantity multiplied by 5 (which is $5/item)
"Product 2 Value" is equal to = "Product 2" quantity multiplied by 10 (which is $10/item)
"Total Calculation" field is the sum of "Product 1 Value" and "Product 2 Value".
3. I will then pass the total calculation to the payment integration by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
I hope that helps.