- vcmimediaAsked on December 15, 2015 at 08:28 PM
I have a form that requires us to create a quarterly report. The form attached is the initial form that receives numeric data every week.
Can a form be created that will pull data fromteh previously created/completed forms to show totals based on a requested date range?
My form is below.
- CharlieAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 02:11 AM
This should be possible by the following methods:
Method 1: Having form 1 to prepopulate other forms.
You can check the tutorial or steps I posted in this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/712219.
So basically, this is how it works:
1. Form 1 has an email notification that has Form 2 and/or Form 3 that can be prepopulated.
2. When Form 1 is submitted, it creates a prepopulated URL for Form 2 and/or Form 3.
3. If you need to fetch information from a submission and prepopulate it on Form 2 and/or Form 3, you just need to click it on the email notification you received on that specific submission.
Method 2: Fetch data via API. Here's our documentation on how to do that: http://api.jotform.com/docs/#submission-id. But you'll need to embed the other forms on a web page, create a custom script to fetch the existing information via API.
Method 3: If you have your own MySQL database, you can directly save the submission data to your own database and fetch it with your own custom script. You can check the guides below:
How to send post data using PHP: http://www.jotform.com/help/213-Send-POST-Data-From-JotForm-Using-PHP-in-Custom-Thank-You-Page
How to send submission data to MySQL database using PHP: http://www.jotform.com/help/126-How-to-send-Submissions-to-Your-MySQL-Database-Using-PHP
I hope that helps.