- melissaAsked on December 16, 2015 at 03:36 PM
I want to create a form that allows the user to upload multiple pages (possibly hundreds)
- BenAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 04:07 PM
There are size limitations, but they depend on the setup of your upload fields.
You can see more about the file uploads here: Changing the Upload Size Limit
Now in regards to hundreds of pages, I know few authors and had a chance to read their books before they were published, 200 - 300 pages take very small amount of space when they are text only, with comments and such, while as soon as they got pictures in them the file size grew quite a few times.
So if you are accepting text only files or maybe with some photographs that are not taking a lot of space, you do not need a very large upload setup. On the other hand if you are going to receive documents with hundreds of pages with high quality images, you will need to set the upload size higher.
I would suggest taking a look at the biggest file that you have, which you would receive and set the limit to that size or slightly higher.
Do let us know if you have any issues or questions in regards to the same and we would be happy to assist.
- melissaAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 04:45 PMThere appears to be a 300MB limit on the JotForm site (http://www.jotform.com/answers/48878-Is-there-a-max-file-size-for-dropbox-uploads) yet it looks like 10G on the Dropbox site. Am I looking in the wrong places?
Thanks so much,
- BenAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 05:02 PM
For DropBox it is only possible to use 300MB per single file upload (not all) as mentioned in the guide I had referenced above: Changing the Upload Size Limit
There you can also see Melissa that it is recommended that you have up to 25 uploads on your form (per submission) so that means that you should be able to have (without any issues): 20 * 300 = 6000 MB ~ 5.85 GB (7.32 GB if you push it to 25 uploads per submission).
Please do note that this is upload limit in the connection between JotForm and DropBox, not the limit that you have on your DropBox account.
- melissaAnswered on December 22, 2015 at 01:45 PMSo I can have our customer upload up to 1GB on JotForm? Thanks so much for your patience.
- BenAnswered on December 22, 2015 at 02:11 PM
Yes, that is correct Melissa. Anyone submitting your form can upload up to 1GB file, or multiple of 1GB in size. However it is important to note that your JotForm account must be on a plan that can accept the same file size, meaning that if you are on a free plan, your maximum file to upload would be 100MB and after the first file (of 100MB) you would either need to delete it or upgrade your account.
You can see all of the storage sizes for each plan on our prices page: https://www.jotform.com/pricing. We are of course here if needed, so just let us know if so :)