JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Event registration form - add a guest and another option of payment for the guestAsked by Crina on December 18, 2015 at 04:33 AM
I am looking to create a more complex event registration form which allows to add guests and also to pay the fee for them. I know this is not an option to add in Jotform directly and I do know how to add/show/hide the field to fill for a guest but what I do not know is the following:
- since there is a registration fee and I have my PayPal account set here, I am not sure in case someone will add a guest how can they choose to pay for the guest as well. I don't know how to add another payment tool (also paypal) which can be hidden depending on if they will add a guest or not, or how can I make PayPal tool to have an option of "add more to cart.." or something.
Can someone please let me know how can I make this happen?
I am not sure if I understand the process flow you are having.
Is it something like this:
1. User opens your event registration form.
2. User will attend the event BUT needs to include a guest on the submission
3. User will pay both for himself and for the guest.
We do not have a cart feature for the payment integration, however, I think this is possible if you will be recreating the products into simple form fields. Here's a simple test form: https://form.jotform.com/53513964929972?.
Here's how I did mine:
1. First, I recreated the "Registration Fee" list as a radio button field.
2. Now I will assign calculation values on them. You can follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
3. Now, I do not know how the guests will be incorporated in your form, in my case, I will have a number field to know how many guests will the attendee will be bringing. I then have a form collapse tool to separate each form fields of the guests. Here's a guide on how to use the form collapse tool: http://www.jotform.com/help/297-Show-or-Hide-multiple-fields-at-once-using-form-collapse-tool
4. Now I will only display the section of each guest depending on the number of guest inputted on the number field. I will use a conditional logic on this. Here's a guide to learn more about conditions: http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
Below is a sample of my condition, make sure to use "Show Multiple".
5. These are all the conditions for my three guests.
6. I will then calculate the total fee using the form calculation widget.
7. This is my formula:
"Registration Fee" + ( Number of guests * 5 ) = total fee
*Note: I'm multiplying 5 because I presume each guest is charged €5.
8. Now how do we pass the calculated total fee to the payment integration? This should be possible by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
You can make more complex calculations and conditions depending on your needs, but I hope this gives you an idea on how to setup yours.
Do let us know if you need more information on this.
I really appreciate all your help with this, it's exactly what I needed. I wasn't sure about the whole payment thing but I will give it a shot with your method! Thanks!
On behalf of my colleague, Charlie, you're most welcome. Please do get back to us should you encounter any difficulties or issues with the workaround that was provided.