- goodmodelAsked on February 04, 2012 at 05:23 PM
if I fill my form and I press send
I get so Form Disabled on the page.
how can I fix this
thanks for helpPage URL:
- pinoytechAnswered on February 04, 2012 at 06:38 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- WaddlerMobileAnswered on February 12, 2012 at 03:11 PM
hi i got the same problem but i was using an 'upgrade feature' for my site that includes password and username
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on February 12, 2012 at 06:08 PM
Your account is now activated. It was autosuspended because one of your form asks for password.
Apologies for this inconvenience. Thank you!
- alxsamueideAnswered on May 19, 2012 at 06:21 PM
Hello! I believe this happened to me too!
Want to create a form that includes a password, but it gets disabled :S
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 19, 2012 at 08:03 PM
Your account should be fine now. It was mistakenly suspended by our anti-phishing tool.
Apologies for this inconvenience. Thanks!
- davidcfod10Answered on May 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
também me aconteceu isso mas precisava mesmo do formulário :c
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on May 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Thank you for understanding.
- TomasAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Hi there, I have the same problem with q_form_80661132174 and q_form_80215547457. Would you let me know why did that happen please?
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 10:21 AM
It seems that the account (halo1) that holds both form have exceeded the allowed space for Free Accounts.
You would need to clear space by removing uploads, remove submissions that contains uploaded images. You can monitor your account status by going to My Forms.
The forms should automatically work when you have enough space for new submissions.
- TomasAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Thanks for the prompt answer. These forms were created a long time ago by a guy who doesn't work with us anymore... Is there any way to regain access to the account? EG. by providing proof of ownersip of the domain or anything like it?
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 11:29 AM
The account is registered using ***@halo1.com . Do you own that domain? Do you have access to that email address? I have to hide some part for security reasons.
If you don't know anything about it, then you need to have your own account. After which we can clone those forms as long as you have the form IDs.
Let us know.
- matrixinternetAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Nope, we don't own it... OK thanks a lot for your help! I will try to handle it off-line.
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 11:52 AM
This might help you out, http://jotform.com/help/42-How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-a-URL .
Let us know if you need assistance.