- timeforpixAsked on December 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM
trying to up load a file . I have a contract file that already exists. I want to make this part of my jot form. I have no idea how to do this and it won't let me upload a form in the upload form section
What am I doing wrong
- CharlieAnswered on December 25, 2015 at 01:33 PM
If I understood you correctly, you would like to upload a form from your local storage? Is it a PDF, word or excel file?
Here are the things that you can import in our end:
1. If you are importing a fillable PDF to your JotForm account, you can do that by using this link: http://www.jotform.com/adobe-formscentral-alternative/. Choose the 3rd option "PDF Only".
This will import your PDF form to your JotForm account, however, please note that it cannot be edited in our form builder. The benefits of uploading the PDF form to JotForm is the ability to collect information and have it directly saved in your JotForm account.
Here's a screenshot on how the imported PDF form looks like, you'll need to redownload it to use the features in JotForm.
You'll see the following options when you try to download the imported PDF form.
2. If your form in your local storage is a excel file, you can import it to JotForm using this app: http://apps.jotform.com/app/spread2jot
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more assistance on this.
- timeforpixAnswered on December 25, 2015 at 01:46 PMNever mind. I misunderstood he purpose of that area. I want to build my contract using the wording I already have by cutting and pasting the text and adding fields that clients can fill In their address, initial
A few spots and sign at the bottom. What is the best way to get started with that :-) thx. Merry Christmas
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 25, 2015 at 04:16 PM
I think you should check this guide on how to create your first form with Jotform: http://www.jotform.com/help/2-How-to-Create-Your-First-Web-Form.
If you want to ask for e-signatures, you can do this using our e-signature widgets:
Here's how to add a widget in your form: http://www.jotform.com/help/252-How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form.
Let us know if you need some help creating the form.