- JasonPAsked on December 26, 2015 at 12:35 PM
I've been trying to get a contact form on my WP site and it ain't working:
I've come from here:
I've followed all those steps (I think) so is there something I am missing?
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 26, 2015 at 03:36 PM
I was able to see the problem when I checked on your website.
From what I see, the problem it seems that you have NOT embedded the form -- but instead had only added its URL/link https://form.jotformeu.com/form/53593726994372 to the page.
On Step#4 of the guide it shows how to embed (see image below)
so in your Wordpress admin panel, in a post or page you must select first the Text Tab where you will add the script code of the form -- not its URL/link.
Please try again. Follow the user guide https://www.jotform.com/help/4-Adding-Forms-to-Wordpress
The method was working following the user guide when I checked it also.
Hope this help. Let us know if you are still not able to do it successfully.
- JasonPAnswered on December 26, 2015 at 06:46 PMThanks for your time and your assistance. That doesn't really help. It
doesn't matter which way I do it, it still comes out NOT embedded. I've
tried using the Wordpress icon that brackets with `[embed] and I've tried
exactly what you suggested here. I have done it on the page I already had,
deleted the page and set up another one. I still haven't been able to get
it to work.
I can SEE that it is not embedded. I was really hoping for some help on
WHY it is not embedded.
- JasonPAnswered on December 26, 2015 at 06:46 PMQuestion: Does it not work because I am in Sapin and the address is
jotformeu not jotformpro? That is the only difference that I can see
between what I have done and what is on the webpage tutorials-
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 26, 2015 at 08:06 PM
This is quite odd, since your forms is being displayed as link and not as embedded form, could you share us a screenshot from the page where you are pasting the code please ?
The URL should not make any difference when embedding your form, it should work as needed.
We will wait your response.
- JasonPAnswered on December 27, 2015 at 09:46 AMOK. Here goes. This is the screen shot:
[image: Inline images 1]
- JasonPAnswered on December 27, 2015 at 09:47 AMThis doesn't work either:
- JasonPAnswered on December 27, 2015 at 09:47 AMThanks for your patience.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 27, 2015 at 02:43 PM
Our forum can't accept an inline image attachment, you will have to access this thread and upload the screenshots. Here's how: https://www.jotform.com/answers/277033.
Anyway, you are following the wrong guide. It's for the Wordpress.ORG website, self-hosted. You are using WordPress.COM hosted website so you should follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/299-How-to-Embed-Form-to-Wordpress-com.
You have to click the "Text" tab and paste the form link there:
Please get back to us if you need further assistance.