- asunwatcherAsked on October 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Is there a way (or could there be a way) for the user to enter a time without having to enter a date i.e. a way to separate the date picker fields?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 11, 2010 at 07:49 AM
I think you should simply use a textbox for that. There is no reason to use a DateTime Picker to get time. DateTime picker is useful since it can open a small pop-up calendar so that you can select a date on it. If you only need the time, there is no such picker pop-up feature for that, so you should simply have a small textbox to get users enter the time.
- asunwatcherAnswered on October 11, 2010 at 07:57 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply.
the textbox in an obvious solution, it's just that the time picker adheres to a particular format which is useful when downloading to excel. If no specific format is required then people enter either 7pm, 7:00pm, 21:00, 7 o'clock etc.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 11, 2010 at 08:02 AM
I see what you mean. Yes, that makes perfect sense. I am adding this to our feature requests list. Thanks for the clarification.
- lshad24Answered on August 25, 2011 at 03:45 PM
Can we get an update on the status of this request? I am in need of just having the time. Also, Is there any way to have the hour-minute seperator be a colon rather than a slash?
- brx250Answered on August 25, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Your question has already been answered in your previous post. Please refer to this thread http://www.jotform.com/answers/39127-Edit-start-and-end-time. Thank you.
Albert | JotForm Support
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Update: Time (only) field is now released!
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 04, 2017 at 06:11 PM
@Diobelle - Since this is an old thread, I moved your question to a new one here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1025818
We'll have it addressed there shortly.