- NurtureHarmonyAsked on January 05, 2016 at 03:56 AM
It seems as though there is a glitch in integrating with dropbox - I keep getting an error message that I have to check my credentials and that authentication failed even though my credentials are correct. Please advise.
This is a re-post of a comment on Upload to Dropbox with JotForm
- BorisAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 06:17 AM
I have just checked the Dropbox integration on my end, and integration seems to work fine. For best results, please login to your Dropbox account first, prior to setting up the integration.
Then, start the Dropbox integration by authenticating your account:
It will open a new popup window with Dropbox, where you must grant access so that we can send files to your Dropbox account. After clicking on the blue Allow button, the popup should close and in your integration screen it will state "Authenticated". Please click on Complete Integration in order to finish the setup:
And finally, click Finish to close the Dropbox integration wizard.
As everything seems to work fine on my end, I would highly recommend that you please first login to Dropbox, and then open JotForm in another tab and try setting up this integration while you are logged in on both ends.
Please let us know how it goes, and if you are successful in integrating. Thank you.
- NurtureHarmonyAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 03:46 AM
Thanks for your response. From Dropbox's site the integration is confirmed, however not from JotForm's side? Authentication keeps failing even though I am logged in on both sides.
- NurtureHarmonyAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 03:50 AM
- BorisAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 07:09 AM
I have logged into your account to check this, and have looked at your last edited form 53364740437558 (Discharge Report). I see that there is no integration currently set on that form:
When an integration is set up, it will appear first in the list, and will have a check-mark in its top right corner.
Regarding the linked apps on the Dropbox end, it doesn't necessarily mean that you currently have any form integrated. The first time that you authenticate on Dropbox and grant JotForm access, JotForm will appear there in allowed apps for that Dropbox account. However, you still need to authenticate each time on every single form that you wish to have integrated between JotForm and Dropbox.
This allows us to, for example, have one form that is uploading files to one Dropbox account, while at the same time having a different form sending to another Dropbox account. Long story short, the appearance of JotForm in the account page of Dropbox doesn't mean that any form is currently integrated and sending its data.
Could you please tell us a little more about which step in the process is where the integration is failing for you? I ask because it seems to work fine for us, so we are trying to understand what may be causing the issue on your end.
1. In your JotForm form that you wish to integrate, when you click on Integrations > Dropbox, and finally the Authenticate button - do you get a popup window where to authenticate?
2. Can you possibly send us a screenshot of the error, so that we can better understand at which exact point it seems to be failing? Our forum software doesn't accept inline images sent through email, so you would need to open this thread in your browser and attach your images in the way that is described here.
3. I would also recommend trying on a different browser, to see if maybe a browser configuration or any extensions such as an ad-block might have prevented the integration from completing in your main browser.
We will await your response, as we would really like to help you have this functioning in your end as well. Thank you. :)
- NurtureHarmonyAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 01:25 AM
No luck... but I have managed to integrate Drive so will use that instead.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 04:23 AM
I am glad to know that you have found a workaround for your issue. Do inform us if you have any other concerns. Regards.