- TSMProductionAsked on January 05, 2016 at 12:52 PM
When I click a link to download an attachment in a submission PDF, I am getting a 'webpage unavailable' error message
- TSMProductionAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 01:03 PM
Please help, this is another instance of jotform severely impacting my ability to provide service to my clients!!! Last week all the forms were down and now attachments cannot be downloaded!
- TSMProductionAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 01:09 PM
Its saying that my browser cannot find the server files.jotform.com
if that helps
- TSMProductionAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 01:11 PM
I'm noticing that when I try to download an attachment from a form submission on my jotform account, it works, but the link is calling www.jotform.com/uploads
However, the bad link in the actual downloaded PDF is calling files.jotform.com
Perhaps this needs to be updated/changed? Please help me!
- pacificunionAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 01:14 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue. The link in the .pdf has an embedded URL of 'http://files.jotform.com/jufs/', but the correct download URL should start with 'www.jotform.com/uploads'.
This only started happening recently, I presume??
- TSMProductionAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 02:12 PM
Is there any update on this? I have not received a reply from Jotform support at all.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 04:34 PM
I checked your most recent form and indeed, the images are not being included in the PDF download.
I tested one of my own form and the images were not being included in mine either.
The download link to my test file is also different than the link provided in the PDF.
File download from submission view:
File download from PDF, which is broken:
I will forward this to our developers to have a look. We will let you know via this thread as soon as we have any updates.
- alp_denizAnswered on January 08, 2016 at 09:13 PM
The issue has been resolved.