- EffieAsked on January 12, 2016 at 11:42 AM
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 03:08 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
You can edit your email Notification and then you would need to Enable "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" option in form Preferences>Advance settings.
Then you will need to open your email Notification settings and Lock Data Table .
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- EffieAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 07:18 PM
Thanks for the reply...however if you edited the notification and then tried to lock it up you probably saw that you get a warning message says: " Locking revert the data to its default content ..." which cancel all your edit! (strangly I thought that the support team are aware of it?)
Looking forward for a solution
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Yes, if you enable the option to hide empty fields, the data will be locked and you will not be able to edit it.
Unfortunately, there is not a workaround to hide empty fields and edit the email template, however, if you want we can escalate this to our second level, as a feature request, or you can also open a new thread and request it.
- EffieAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 03:04 AM
Thanks Kevin. Yes - I would like to escalate this to your second level. Not sure why you sent me a link for a new thread? if I put it in a new thread I will get a few more support guys to send me the user guide....
Please escalate this:
We should be able to update at lease a few very basic thing in the Notifier editor and STILL be able to 'hide empty field'.
The critical changes required for us are:
1. The Headlines at the moment are "Questions" and "answers" which will suit Surveys and not to many other customers.
2. Also the columns need to be shifted to the right/left if necessary, they are a bit crowded if you have a long label.
3. Need to be able to cancel/not include fields that we don't want to share with our contractors when we send them the email.
Some customers are NOT ABLE to leave the empty fields as they are too extensive, and only a few dozens needed at the time - so for us this notifier is useless.
I hope to here from you soon.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 04:37 AM
I will raise your request, to hide empty fields on edited email Notifications to our developers.
However we can not give you any time frame when and if this will be implemented. If there are any updates we will inform you via this thread.