- AA_CAsked on January 13, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Today when trying to edit a post I made in the private Forum the EDIT button brings me back to the public forum list. I tried this at least 8 times.
I reset the browser, Chrome, cache and it still won't let me edit an entry.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 02:21 PM
I checked the edit functionality for several of my posts and it seems to be working on my end. Can you try from:
To see if the base domain will allow you to edit your forum posts? As far as I can tell, you should be able to edit forum posts without issue.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 02:56 PM
I reported the same issue on Jan. 12th. I was advised by Victor that it was already resolved. But like Robert, I'm still experiencing the same problem until now.
Below's an animated gif of how the entire process currently works - incorrectly.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 04:28 PM
Instead of the https site. Sometimes the https forums do not function quite the same as the regular version.
- AA_CAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 05:08 PM
I tried as you suggested and it still will not let me edit.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 06:31 PM
Quite odd. I had a few other people try to edit posts and they were able to without issue. I tested an edit on your most recent post and that worked as well. Try from an incognito or private window with a fresh log in. If that still does not work, let us know and we will forward this to out developers to have a closer look.
- AA_CAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 09:07 PM
Quite odd indeed... So I logged out. Started up IE, I usually use Chrome.
Logged In and tried again and guess what... same thing ... clicked on edit for my last entry above and it kicked me back to the Forum just like Randy shows above.
When these things happen I say GREMLINS are at work... and it appears THEY ARE SELECTIVE ABOUT THE HASSEL.
Perhaps tomorrow it will be all better.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 09:57 PM
I was able to reproduce that problem on my free account. This is now forwarded to our developers for a resolution. While this was working fine before, I believe this is related to the recent update. Stay tuned!
- AA_CAnswered on January 14, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Thanks guys, I was beginning to think I was imaging things.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on January 14, 2016 at 12:48 PM
Hey, I'm using a free account. Are there any other side-effects as a result of this recent update you mentioned, Elton?
Appreciate the heads-up.
- AA_CAnswered on January 14, 2016 at 01:25 PM
We are a paid account, so I don't think Free is the issue, just a another upgrade with a bit of a bug.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 14, 2016 at 02:30 PM
There should be no side affects other than this current bug. A ticket has been created and given top priority so the forum issue should hopefully be fixed quite soon.
- AA_CAnswered on January 16, 2016 at 01:48 PM
After using the Notifier editor I found another bug, so I presume there a few more lurking around they just have to be found. Happy hunting.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 17, 2016 at 12:12 AM
I think you're referring to your thread here. We suggest posting any follow-ups related to this on this thread. This was already submitted to the dev team by the way. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.
- AA_CAnswered on January 20, 2016 at 10:44 AM
Is there any progress on this. Most annoying. Robert
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 20, 2016 at 12:17 PM
The ticket has been assigned to a developer, however, there are no updates as of yet. Since this is not a system wide issue, it may be a bit longer than normal to get sorted. My apologies.
- AA_CAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 09:48 AM
RESOLVED, Thank you