- bchbldgrlAsked on February 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM
We are trying to open the form we made using Internet Explorer; we keep getting "Cannot display webpage" error. I have enable SSL/TLS protocols in my tools but nothing is working. Is this an explorer issue? Because the form opens just fine when I use Chrome or Firefox.
Any information you can give will be a tremendous help. Thank you!
- gtdrivesAnswered on February 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM
It looks as though you are trying to open the form in a popup window. Whatever the problem is, it is related to what URL is being loaded in the browser.
- allanftdAnswered on February 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM
gtdrives is correct. There is a problem in the URL based on the screenshot you provided. However, you may have already fixed the issue since I found no problems when I opened your Contact Us page using the link you provided.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
- bchbldgrlAnswered on February 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I don't understand this:
We do have it set up to popup/open into a new page. But it's still giving me the error page when I go :( Which code should I select from jotform? I have the embed in there now. This is making me crosseyed..
Thank you again for your help!
- gtdrivesAnswered on February 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM
In the address bar there is a URL that could never load. I am assuming that FireFox and Chrome are doing a great job at assuming the window source, which is why you are seeing the problem in IE. I could be wrong.
Short answer: There is a space in your code to open the new window...
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 11, 2012 at 03:43 PM
The popup codes provided by the Embed Form Wizard is already configured to open your form in a new window so there is no need for it
- gtdrivesAnswered on February 11, 2012 at 09:04 PM
NeilVicente is absolutely correct.
- bchbldgrlAnswered on February 16, 2012 at 09:19 PM
Thank you all so much!! I removed the from the link codes...everything works perfect!!