- BillbullyAsked on January 15, 2016 at 12:28 AM
I would like to automate an email to be sent summarizing my third form, so I added text fields to my form in order to provide some context to some of the information in the form. My email was going to be triggered from a google sheet document because some of my fields have widgets and Zapier told me that widgets sometimes have problems transferring information over. However, when I looked at the Google Sheets, I noticed that the text is not be transferred onto the spreadsheet. Is this standard? If so, do you have any suggestions? I was thinking of using a calculation field to copy the text, but I wanted to know if you had any better or other ideas or solutions.
- CharlieAnswered on January 15, 2016 at 05:04 AM
Are you referring to the static text on the "Text" field? Unfortunately, they won't be pass on a Google spreadsheet or on any integration because they do not hold an input value. They are static text.
You could use a simple "Text box" or "Text area" field and then insert or output a value on it using conditional logic. Here's a simple test form:
1. Here, I setup a "Text" field, this is mainly for aesthetic purposes only. It will not hold the value of the full name and the email address. I'm using the field name tag here. You can get the field name by checking the "Properties" of the field.
2. I then setup a "Text area" field to hold the values. I set it to hidden and read-only.
3. I then setup a conditional logic to fetch the value of full name and email address but in a paragraph structure. Here's my conditional logic:
I fetched the "Full Name" field by using the "ADD FIELD" button. Make sure that it is set to "A-Z".
Now you can easily use the text area field in your integrations without any problems.
I hope that helps.
- BenAnswered on January 15, 2016 at 10:18 AM
Hi Randy, glad to see you on our forums again :)
I have split your questions to new threads so that we can answer each and in the same allow Jordan to follow up with any questions in regards to this as well.
Of course, your threads and our answers can be seen on the following links:
http://www.jotform.com/answers/745975 - about applying style to text in textarea and textbox
http://www.jotform.com/answers/745977 - about passing formatting to the Google Sheets
http://www.jotform.com/answers/745979 - a thread that we will raise as a feature request for Text field to be passed to Google Sheets
We will be answering them shortly.
- BenAnswered on January 15, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Thank you for the nice words Randy :)
I wish you a nice time with AngularJS. I heard good things about it, but never used frameworks much :)
I have made replies on the new threads and I hope that they will be helpful.
@Jordan, I have raised the new thread from Randy here http://www.jotform.com/answers/745979 in regards to the Text field being passed to the Google Sheets, so that will be updated if it is made live.
It also holds a suggestion like using functions to add the content from the text within it through Google functions (no code).