- andrewrobertsAsked on February 13, 2012 at 07:58 AM
is it possible to limit the amount of times a person fills a form in to 1 per day. I dont want spammers completing orders over and over again. I am aware I can set the the cookies thing to strict or not so strict, but will this do what I require? I want to limit it to 1 per day.
- pinoytechAnswered on February 13, 2012 at 08:20 AM
Yes, it is posible to limit the amount of person fills a form in to 1 per day. Kindly go to this link for further assistance ang guidelines: http://www.jotform.com/help/137-How-to-Limit-Submissions-in-a-Form
Hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for using JotForm!
- fxrAnswered on February 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I dont think that the method pinoytech links to is exactly what you are looking to do.
What you are trying to do is possible, but it would involve some server side scripting using a language such as php.
A brief overview of the steps required.
1. Set a cookie which expires in 24 hours with some php in a Custom URL 'thankyou' page.
2. Add some php to the page where the form is embedded which will check for this cookie, only showing the form if the cookie has expired.
I am happy enough to provide the relatively simple php to achieve this, but do you have access to a php enabled webserver & are you happy enough the how the overview of the possible solution looks?
- andrewrobertsAnswered on February 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I have never used PHP before so I am just gonna have to hope I dont get spammed.
- fxrAnswered on February 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM
The php is relatively straightforward, we could always come back to it if a problem does arise.
Have you considered adding a captcha field to your form(s) to prevent spamming?
- AndyAnswered on March 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM