- jimhutchinsAsked on October 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM
I have a long form that may take several days to complete. Is there anyway to submit the form multiple times? The user would keep adding data to the form until all the info was complete (multi-page form) and may submit the info several times in multi-sessions. Possible?
Thanks for the answers. However on this form (my first one), I enter data on the first two pages, I click NEXT or BACK after entering data on each page. Each refresh, the info on Page 2 is always gone. Page 1 always retains the data. Page 2 has no input displayed. Hitting NEXT or BACK does not seem to save it as your form does.
Why does my form not work like your example?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 13, 2010 at 08:00 AM
Yes, we do support this. Simply add "?session=$username" to the form URL.
1. Go to this URL:
2. Enter some values on question on page 1 and click on next button
3. Now, you can re-open the browser or refresh the page, when you go to the same URL, it will remember the value you entered on page 1.
Once you submit the form, it will be cleared.
- jimhutchinsAnswered on October 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Thank you so much for the information. I can almost get it to work the way I want. However, the info in the table on the second page does not keep the entries I put in it. The first page does!
Here is a sample link:
Enter one line of entries in the second page and then refresh. What am I doing wrong?
Also, thanks for a great product!
- jimhutchinsAnswered on October 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Also, How long is the session info kept alive?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 14, 2010 at 06:55 AM
They are kept indefinitely currently. We might add a cleanup for sessions older than a month in the future.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 14, 2010 at 06:56 AM
The information is saved when you click on "Next" or "Back" buttons. So, if you do not click on any button and close the browser or page, the information on that particular page will not be saved.
- scholarsAnswered on October 14, 2010 at 01:11 PM
Is there a way to utilize multi-session when we have imbedded a form in our website using Dreamweaver?
If not, I'm confused as to how to change the url to include "?session=$username". Once this is properly added, will users need to write down/remember their specific link in order to retrieve their form?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 15, 2010 at 08:30 AM
This was actually an undocumented feature and jimhutchins asked it by luck. We implemented this feature for a large client who has very large forms and using JotForm forms within member area. So, what the client does is to include the username of the logged-in user to the URL. This way the user can stop filling the form on a page, come back later and the previous pages will be remembered.
- juanmarcosAnswered on April 26, 2013 at 02:47 PM
Question Aytekin, is there a way that the client is forward to the last question he answer the next time the client open the form,
Thank for your help
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 26, 2013 at 03:30 PM
Unfortunately it is not possible. We would suggest to open a new thread for this so we can submit it as a feature request.