- KTTW_DanielleAsked on January 20, 2016 at 03:32 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on January 20, 2016 at 11:24 PM
I have checked your one of your forms: http://www.jotform.com/answers/751007
However, I'm not sure how would you like it to be sent in partial.
I can see that the form is divided into pages using Page Breaks. Is that what you are referring to as sections? Can you help us by providing us the process that you would like your form to have? Also, can you be more specific with your request so we may check if it's possible, please?
We will wait for your response. Thank you.
- KTTW_DanielleAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 01:36 AM
I wasn't paying attention with my post and meant to be searching in a help section, not post on a forum earlier! Sorry! That form you're referring to is long and I don't mind if my clients were to complete the various sections one by one over the course of a couple of months so I was trying to see if they could do just that and submit sections as they go. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 10:35 AM
If you wish them to submit the partial data and come back to it later to continue, you can do the following workaround:
1. Add a submit button in each page
2. Make the fields as not required so they can submit the form without getting an error. This is one of the downsides in this workaround because they cannot submit in the first page if the other pages contain some required fields.
3. Add an autoresponder email: http://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder.
4. Add the edit link in the autoresponder email: http://www.jotform.com/help/40-How-to-Let-Users-Update-Their-Form-Submissions-at-a-Later-Date.
Or, you can use this save and continue feature: http://www.jotform.com/help/97-How-to-Save-Forms-to-Continue-Later. But users have a maximum of 4 weeks to complete the form, otherwise, the data will be lost.