- axcbizAsked on January 26, 2016 at 03:15 AM
Im curently working on a register form where our customers can register multiple people for traning courses.
Its called: aXc-Cloud Anmeldung Grundschulung R
I have used configurable list widget to give our customers the posibility to add as many people as they wish.
-Now i want to automaticaly send an email to everyone who is registered for the event. Is there a posibility to get the email-addresses from col4 and use them for an autoresponder message?
-Is it possible to set the textbox in configurable list so that it checks if an email address is filed in?
- CharlieAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to get the specific input values on the Configurable list widget.
What I can recommend is the workaround below. However, the downside of it is that you have a specific number of participants for your users to add.
Here's the general idea on what we want to do: Recreate the configurable list widget using simple form fields like text box, radio button, check box, etc... And use the conditional logic to show/hide them and collect them using the "Form Calculation" widget. Here's a simple test form: https://form.jotform.com/60254612067955.
This is how I did mine:
1. First, I recreated the list of participant fields using simple form fields. In my case, I made three sets or section for 3 participants.
2. For each participant, I will use a form collapse tool to group each section, that will also help us to show/hide a group of fields using only one field. Here's a guide to learn more about it: http://www.jotform.com/help/297-Show-or-Hide-multiple-fields-at-once-using-form-collapse-tool. We will also use conditional logic here as mentioned on the guide.
3. How to fetch all the emails on the participant section? We will add a form calculation widget to do this.
Inside the Form Calculation widget, I will add the email field of all my 3 participant sections using the "Add Field" button. Make sure to separate each field using a comma and a space. Also, make sure that the inputs are showing "a-z", if you are showing "0-9" just click it to convert it to "a-z".
4. Noticed that when you add emails on each participant section, you'll see that all of the emails are being combined under the form calculation widget named "Collect All Emails"
5. Now how do we sent emails to those addresses? We can do that by first getting the field name tag of the "Collect All Emails". It can be found in the "Properties" window.
6. Instead of an autoresponder, I will create an email notification for the participants instead.
In my email notification, I pasted the field name tag of "Collect All Emails" in the recipient field.
If you want to get a copy of my cloned form, you can clone it by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL. Let us know if you need more help on this.
- axcbizAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Thanks for your Help! I managed to get the form running.
But would have been nice if it had worked with the widget.
- BorisAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 01:12 PM
On behalf of my colleague, Charlie, you are most welcome. We understand what you mean, but due to the way the widget was implemented this is unfortunately not possible directly from the widget.
We are happy to hear that my colleague's workaround worked to your satisfaction. If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate opening a new support thread about it, and we will be glad to help.