- webmasterasaaAsked on January 26, 2016 at 03:57 AM
When testing my form, if I enter an incorrect input into captcha and submit the form, the page goes blank and nothing happens, untill I realise that the captcha entry box is up the very top of the page, hidden by the header of the page and I have to scroll up the page to see it. This is unacceptable, because most users won't know that they have to scroll up to the top of the page to see what they have to do.
Is there any way that this can be changed, so that the captcha is visible after the form submission?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 11:17 AM
Unfortunately, that's how the regular captcha works. It is not validated on the form level. It is only validated during the submission. If you want real-time validation captchas, I suggest using the Google reCaptcha widget http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/google_recaptcha. This is more powerful compared to regular captchas since this uses google engine.
Hope this helps!
- webmasterasaaAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 01:50 AM
Perfect! Just what I wanted.
- webmasterasaaAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 12:41 AM
I can't beleive it! When I looked at my form this morning the old captcha was back! Not the Google reCAPTCHA. I have fixed it by removing the old one now and replacing it with the google one and all is working again, but I'm concerned that this may happen again!
Any idea why this might happen? I have saved the form.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 03:52 AM
This might have happened if there are two tabs of the same form open. Please make sure that there is only once instance of the form builder for each form. That way, the saved changes will reflect on the form properly. if you are still having issues, you can check out your form's revision history and revert it to the former form. How to View Form Revision History
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 08:25 AM
It's good to know that it is fixed now. Thank you!
- webmasterasaaAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 05:21 AM
I am having trouble with reCAPTCHA again. When it is checked, it returns images! That's right pictures come up and it is impossible to submit the form. See here: http://www.angelmansyndrome.org/#!membership-form/bntqj
Why is this happening?
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 08:32 AM
I am checking your form. I will be back as soon as I see the problem.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 08:58 AM
I was able to replicate your problem.
The image identification in the reCaptcha is an additional security question that pops up when you are not logged into your Google account (GMail, etc.). The field should expand based on the size of the images popup.
I have escalated this to our development team for them to check. You will be informed once this is fixed.
For now, I would suggest using the normal captcha.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 05:29 AM
Google reCaptcha is now fixed.
Please check - let us know.
- webmasterasaaAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 05:05 AM
Thanks for that.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 09:54 AM
On behalf of my colleagues, you are welcome. Don't hesitate to contact us again if you need further help.