- looferAsked on January 26, 2016 at 10:45 AM
when an email appears in my gmail box it states it has be sent by 'me' .I would like to change this to 'booking' or the senders name but cannot see how I can chamge this?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 01:33 PM
You can change it on "Reply-To and Recipient Settings" when you open the Email Notification.
Then pick the Sender Name from the fields
- looferAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 05:45 PMsender name options are ; your name / total no of guests / jot form. [ i
chose 'your name '
seems to come through on iphone gmail app ok but not on desktop. mobile app
quotes customer name desktop shows 'me' as sender ??
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 12:13 AM
Did you open the message if it really shows "me" on the sender name section? Perhaps it was the layout of your email on how they appear on the inbox list. Since you pick the "Your Name" field, it should show there whatever the name entered on the "Your Name" field. I would also suggest to check if the sender email address isn't on your contact list, sometimes this would override the sender name if the sender email is on your contact list.
- looferAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 05:45 AM??
fine on iphone, 'me on ipad and laptop
- looferAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 05:45 AMI do not follow your train of thought with that. The received email
suggests it has been sent from my own email address ?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 09:28 AM
The following links should explain why you are receiving the email as "me" in Gmail:
As for the sender email, you are using your own email address as the sender email of the form. If you wish to change it, simply choose our default from the dropdown: