- Robert HammerAsked on January 26, 2016 at 11:30 AM
Yesterday, one of our employees could not download 10 files that were sent to her. I requested that those 10 files be unlocked (released again) so Mallory could try downloading them again. She was able to download 7 of the 10 files. She still received the Bandwidth limit exceeded message for the following 3 files:
The files were originally sent on January 21st to Mallory.email@example.com
Below are the other 2 URLs of the files that still generating the Bandwidth Limit Exceeded error
- KadeJMAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 02:47 PM
We do apologize about any issues with the file download that you are continuing to experience.
I've tried this on my end to test the situation furthermore but I found I am unable to replicate the problem further since I can view and save them.
You said the files were sent to mallory on the 21st. Do you mean they are trying to download them via an email notification then?
- Robert HammerAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 03:45 PMYes, Mallory received an e-mail with links to the files to 15 files on the 21st. Mallory tries to download the 15 files in the e-mail but was only able to download 5 files. She sent a request to helpdesk for assistance in obtaining the 10 files that she could not download. She received the Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message. I requested yesterday that the remaining 10 files be unlocked so she could download them (for the first time). Mallory was able to download 7 of the 10 (for the first time) and notified me that she could not download 3. I again requested that Jotform unlock the remaining 3 files that Mallory was unable to download.
- KadeJMAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 05:19 PM
Thanks for the notice about this problem.
I did some further digging and I see you're bandwidth download limits for all of the files on your form that she's trying to download it from is at 101 which is above the 100 limit even though I noticed you said that's not possible since there's only 2 of you accessing it.
Is it just the couple files that are getting this issue?
How many times did Mallory try to download it prior to receiving the error?
Or did it just kick her immediately to the exceeded message?
- Robert HammerAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 10:45 AMThe download limit was at 101 because I requested the file(s) to be unlocked. I believe that some files are starting at 100 and that is why we are seeing the Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message. Mallory certainly did not download the file 99 times. The first e-mail Mallory received contained 15 links to files. She was able to download 5 of the 15 files. The other 10 files generated the Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message. She tried to download each file once. She then reached out to the IT Unit for help in downloading the remaining 10 files. I sent a request to Jotform to unlock the remaining 10 files. When I received notification from Jotform that the files were unlocked, I notified Mallory to try to download the remaining 10 files. She was able to download 7 of the 10 files. I then contacted Jotform to unlock the three files that were still generating the Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message. I was able to download 2 of the 3 files and Mallory requested the sender to resend the last file this morning. She was able to download that file with no problem.
Your questions below are followed by my answers in red. I should also tell you that I am also responding to e-mails and questions from David from Jotform.
NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation
Albany, NY 12207
Phone #: 518-402-7083
- KadeJMAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM
One of our Team Members David has already reset it again for you today a bit ago as per the other thread here http://www.jotform.com/answers/756256-Bandwidth-Limit-exceeded#5.
I would recommend trying it again and then let us know.
Additionally, I see that's a new thread for this same issue as of yesterday so we ask that you please do not open up multiple threads about the same thing since this causes confusion for everyone.
If it's still a problem though then do let us know here please.
- Robert HammerAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 01:45 PMAll 15 files have been downloaded. Please thank David for unlocking files enabling us to receive all sent files. I don’t believe that I created multiple threads. If I did I Apologize. I just responded to e-mails I received from Jotform.
Do you know why 10 of the counters for the original 15 files started at 100 instead of 1?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 04:11 PM
We recommend logging in to your account to access and post your questions to this support forum. This way, you can easily find them by clicking My Questions button in the forum homepage:
We honestly don't have an idea how that happens, could be a glitch in the counter. If that happens again, let us know so we can forward this to our developers. I think they can look into this if ever.