- ReneeAsked on January 26, 2016 at 04:02 PM
I filled out a proposal from a company who uses JotForm on the computer. I then emailed it to them. Although I saved it, that information comes up very scrambled when I try to open it on my computer. How can I make it more legible? I'm v
Please call me if you have questions.
- victorAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 06:47 PM
Can you please elaborate a bit more? Are you indicating that the information is encrypted and is not readable? Are you referring to the email notification that is sent? Is the information not correct? Notification some times come with PDF attachments, are you not able to open the attachment?
Please let us know how we may best assist you.
- ReneeAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 04:45 PMRight - The information is not readable! It is incorrect (i.e. a bunch of
letters that don't mean anything) when I try to open what I saved on my
I have seen no attachment.
- victorAnswered on January 27, 2016 at 05:57 PM
I am assuming that your form is encrypted. To view the information properly, you would need upload the key into your browser. If you do not have a key, you would need to create one so you can view the information
- ReneeAnswered on January 28, 2016 at 10:45 AMIs there a cost for creating a key? If yes, what is the cost?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 28, 2016 at 12:44 PM
There's no cost. All Jotform features including the form encryption are free. Please follow the link provided by my colleague and let us know if you come across into any problem.