- athdeptAsked on January 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Is there a was to add a sub label to a checkbox option?
- CharlieAnswered on January 28, 2016 at 01:26 PM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to add a sub label text on the check box field. It might not be the same with the sub label but you can use the "Hover text" instead?
However, I have a workaround in mind that you may used:
1. First, create an HTML code that will be used in your check box label and sub label. In my case, this is what I am using:
<p>Main Label</p><sub>Sub label</sub>
2. Paste it on your check box's label. I set the label align to top.
3. This is how it looks like: https://form.jotform.com/60275130071948
However, every time you edit the label on that check box, the HTML code will be stripped. You need to paste the HTML code again.
If you want to have a sub label on each option in the check box field, then the same approach can be applied, only difference is that you are adding the HTML code in the "Options" list.
Let us know if that works.
- athdeptAnswered on January 28, 2016 at 03:45 PMThat's helpful...thanks!
- athdeptAnswered on January 28, 2016 at 04:45 PMIs it possible to make the text smaller or a different color for this sub
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 28, 2016 at 10:57 PM
You can inject this css code to change the color of the sub-label and make the text smaller.
You can change the color to any color you prefer. To change the height, simply change the value of the font-size.
Here's a guide on how to inject css code: How to Inject Custom CSS Codes
- magicboundAnswered on January 28, 2017 at 10:18 AM
I'm trying to do the same thing, but not having any success. Works within Jotform, but not once I publish it.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 28, 2017 at 10:56 AM
It seems that you have already found that <sub> tag is no longer supported, but this is still possible to use a sub label span tag as an alternative.
Option 1<span class="form-sub-label">Sublabel</span>
Option 2<span class="form-sub-label">Sublabel</span>
Option 3<span class="form-sub-label">Sublabel</span>