- StevenbullerAsked on January 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM
I've noticed when using the date function with lite mode enabled on an Iphone 5s using Safari that the phone will treat this field as a phone number and not a text field. There is no way to write in the "-" function of the date format: 11-05-2016, November 5th, 2016
Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end, or if not, please correct this. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 30, 2016 at 10:58 PM
I was able to reproduced the issue as well when I test your jotform http://www.jotform.us/form/60187271086154 on an Iphone browser emulator.
Actually this is not a bug, but just the way the Date field in Lite mode calls the on screen numeric keypad of the device.
I was able to make it work for now by using the Date calendar button, and just modified the date.. I think what was missing on the emulated keypad was the "-" sign.. there is +, * and # but I could not find the "-"
I will forward this thread to our higher team support so that they can check for improvement on the process.
We will notify you here for any news.
- StevenbullerAnswered on January 31, 2016 at 12:45 AMI don't like the popup calendar much, as it's not super easy to use on an iPhone. look forward to a fix for this.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on January 31, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Thank you for letting us know that. My colleague, Jonathan, already forwarded this concern to our developers and rest assured that this will be worked on. I'm sorry if we cannot provide any ETA to when this will be fixed, however, please be advised that you will be notified with any updates via this thread.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 11:49 PM
Sorry for the late notice, but we have just rectified this issue. Lite mode date fields should now be text-type instead of tel.